4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 5:48 AM by Steve Werner

Cannot open file in CC

jirif0256

Hi guys,

can anyone help with this...

I have installed CC and for one file, I've received I get this alert.

Untitled-1.png

I know this from older versions of ID, but since CC is suppose to be always up to date, I don't understand it at all.

Thanks in advance.

Jiri

• 1. Re: Cannot open file in CC
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It means that you don't have the latest version of InDesign CC, which is currently InDesign CC 2015 (11.1). You can check your version if you go to the InDesign CC menu (on a Mac) or the Help menu (in Windows) and choose About InDesign.

Usually this happens because your operating system version doesn't meet the system requirements of the latest version. For example, if you don't have Mac OS X 10.9 or later, you won't have InDesign CC 2015 available to download.

You can upgrade your operating system version, and then it will become available.

• 2. Re: Cannot open file in CC
            jirif0256 Level 1

My OS is WIN 8.1, 64-b, that should be enough, I guess.

• 3. Re: Cannot open file in CC
              Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Even if you stick with your version, you should update it, with Internet connection active it is possible to open later version's documents from CS6 (CC version only) upwards.

BUt it would be better to upgrade to the latest version. It it does not show it in the CC Desktop Application, you should download the latest version of it and install it, because some older versions of the CC Desktop Application were "blind" to newer application versions.

• 4. Re: Cannot open file in CC
                Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have an operating system version which is new enough, log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop app and log in again and you should see the latest version of CC apps.