5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 9:44 AM by A.T. Romano

BURNING A DVD WITH MENU

ConsoleG

Hi to everyone,

I built a project with Adobe Premiere Elements, I wish to do a DVD with a Menu.

Now the problem is that when I try to burn the dvd the program said me "something is preventing a successful burning" and it makes an image disc but only with the video and without the menu.

It makes the menu separately but not on the image disc...

I do not know, I'm using a Macbook Pro Retina 15" with Yosemite 10.10, I bought a Double Layer DVD of 8,5 GB

Maybe is it a problem of codec, mpeg or something like this?

I'm not very expert so, I excuse me in advance if I did not use a proper language.

Thank you infinitely in advance, I hope I explained in the clearest way possible my situation.

All the best, Lots of Love

GC

• 1. Re: BURNING A DVD WITH MENU
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which version of the program you're using or what steps you're taking to output your DVD.

But, assuming you're using version 13 and that you've added a disc menu using the Movie Menu tool and that you've selected Publish & Share/Disc/DVD to create your disc:

1) What model of camcorder is your original footage coming from and what format and resolution is it?

2) If there are photos in your project, have you resized them to no larger than 2000x1500 pixels (72 ppi)?

3) Are you able to output an ISO file rather than burn directly to a disc? This is one way to troubleshoot your disc burn transcoding.

4) Finally, at what point are you getting the "something is preventing" message? Is it as soon as you select the DVD option, partway through or just before it finishes?

• 2. Re: BURNING A DVD WITH MENU
            ConsoleG Level 1

Hi Steve, Thank You, I'm using version 14, and yes I've added a disc menu using The Movie Menu tool and I've selected Publish & Share/Disc/DVD to create my Disc

My original footage do not come from my camcoder, the format are different, mp4, mov or avi

In any case the program correctly charged it and when there was a problem I converted myself the file.

There are no photos, only videos.

I'm able to output an ISO file, in fact the program make the encoding and the rendering, only when it start to burn effectively the DVD it say me "Something is preventing a successful burning, use the ISO image saved at the following location to burn your disk later"

In fact it is able to create it but inside there is only the videos all together without menu, it built the menus a part, like a separate audio and video file...

I hope my message is clear, with gratitude I wait for your answer.

• 3. Re: BURNING A DVD WITH MENU
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ConsoleG

I am assuming that you are using Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and, if your computer is not using an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher video card/graphics card, then remove the check mark next to the preference named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)". Then try your burn to disc with menus.

The odds are high in your favor that this will resolve your known issue.

Also, before the burn to, you might want to delete the existing Encoded Files Folder by default  found Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/14.0 (in your case).

The location of the Encoded Files Folder can be confirmed via Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk and the Disk Encoding category path given there.

We will be watching for news of your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: BURNING A DVD WITH MENU
                ConsoleG Level 1

I'm using Yosemite 10.10 on a MacBook Pro Retina 15"...

Now I'm trying to burn a rewritable dvd of 4.5 Gb because I did not find anyone bigger than it.

Thank you for your answer, I'll delete also the existing Encoded Files Folder!!!

All the best, have a nice day

• 5. Re: BURNING A DVD WITH MENU
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ConsoleG

Thanks for the update.

Oops. I overlooked that you had already mentioned at the onset that you were working with Premiere Elements on Mac computer.

If you are working with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 or 14 Mac, you should not have the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higer)". That seems to be Windows only. So much for that idea.

But, thanks for considering the deletion of the existing Encoded Files Folder to determine if that will help. Those are just temporary disc encoding files in there which are gone after a session. Also, make sure that you have enough free hard drive space at wherever you have that Encoded Files Folder on the computer.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. There may be Mac preferences that need reviewing.

What is the Space Required and Bitrate in the Quality Area of the burn dialog just before you hit Burn? To get those readings, the DVD disc must be in the burner tray? Also, with those DVD disc....for the DVD disc labelled 4.7 GB/120 minutes, in reality that is 4.38 GB...for the DVD disc labelled 8.5 GB/240 minutes, in reality that is 7.95 GB.

Looking forward to learning of your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR