13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 4:01 PM by A.T. Romano

new install of elements crashes on windows 10

JoA41 Level 1

I can't run the trial of Elements because it crashes as soon as it starts loading the video editor.  Is there a solution for this?

Thank you.  How can I get help from Adobe?

• 1. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

Have you met the Premiere Elements 14 System Requirements?

System requirements | Adobe Premiere Elements

Online Adobe Chat/Downloading and Installing

Contact Customer Care

Windows 10 64 bit should not be the issue here. My impression so far is that Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after upgrade to Windows 10.

Please review and consider and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
            JoA41 Level 1

Yes, I believe I meet all the requirements to run the application.  I can run the organizer part of the Premiere but not the Video editing.

• 3. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

What computer browser are you using for the download? Did you try with another?

Did you get a chance to contact online Adobe Chat via the link that I posted 1. If yes, how far did you get with it?

If this were a purchased product, I would be suspecting product activation issue. I have seen that before in other versions where the issue can present with the Elements Organizer working but not the Premiere Elements Editor. I am not sure of the dynamics of this activation for the tryout.

Please let me know the status of your contact with Adobe. If that does not work out, I will go into detail on a troubleshooting plan based on your answers to a list of questions aimed at defining the cause of the issue.

To be continued....

ATR

• 4. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                JoA41 Level 1

I did connect with the chat help but the agent was unable to get the program to work.  He tried updating some Microsoft C+++files but that did not help.  I have not purchased the product but am using the trial version.  The faulting dll was msvcr110.dll.  I tried exchanging that file with a slightly older one in the file repository folder but then the application wouldn't even start loading, as apparently that dll is used from the very beginning.  I converted back to the original dll and the same error occurred at the same point, with the Quicktime.pm or something close to that loading.  I also reinstalled quicktime just in case that was causing the problem.

I have unistalled Premiere Elements at this point, as my experience has been that these problems are very difficult to solve and usually involve programming errors.  I do not want to completely reinstall windows 10 from scratch.

Thank you for willingness to help.

• 5. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

Thanks for the update. I would not consider doing anything to Windows 10 64 bit at this time. Rather....

1. Uninstall Premiere Elements 14 tryout the usual Control Panel way. But do not delete the installation files that are on your computer. Just in case we want to use those files again during the 30 days allotted to you.

2. Try to download and install Premiere Elements 14 tryout from the following web site.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

You need to follow carefully that web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to avoid an Access Denied message.

Important - this web site first sends you to Adobe to sign in with your Adobe ID and Password. But in following its instructions, you will go back to this web site for the actually downloading and installing using the file links that it shows under the "Note: Very Important Instructions" section.

What web browser did you use for the download of the tryout from Adobe - Firefox or other. Firefox worked for me in this regard.

When you were downloading and installing from Adobe, did you get any firewall permission messages regarding the Akamai Download Assistant? If you did, did you select Allow?

Please consider.

ATR

• 6. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                    JoA41 Level 1

My trial version only had a 14 day trial.  I used the Windows 10 browser, edge, I believe, but then used the Adobe download manager for the actual download.  By "download installation files" do you mean the program setup files, the files that were extracted from the original downloaded file?   I will try to carry this out later today or tomorrow.

JoRene

Sent from Jo's iPad

• 7. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

For browser, you still have Internet Explorer, but Microsoft has tucked it away in Windows 10. But, if problems point to the browser, we could make Internet Explorer the default browser for the time being. See Start/Settings/System/Default Apps/Web Browser

In Windows 10 64 bit, go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Internet Explorer and find the iexplore.exe (I think that is the one)...

Then see Control Panel and its place to set Default Programs

Maybe stay with Microsoft Edge for now and try the install of the free downloads from the links given.

By download file, that could come in different arrangements - two files or what appears to be one .exe but really has everything in one...

The two files that are separate or in one bundle are

.exe which extracts the program file

.7z the program itself

Best route...clear what you have, start with one of the links cited about and follow it through step by step.

We will be watching for your results when you get a chance. Please ask if questions come up during the installation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                        JoA41 Level 1

I am reinstalling with the downloaded file that I got from your link.  At

the beginning of the install (every time I've started this has happened) I

get a warning that a reboot has been scheduled, even though that is not the

case and even if a reboot and then start the install again.  Could this

cause a problem?  I have to select ignore to get the program to install.

• 9. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

You are doing OK. It is not you, it is some unexplained and seemingly worthless message.

I have gotten that for the last several times that I have done download/install for Premiere Elements.

I have found that clicking Ignore is the right response to that message.

So, if you selected ignore, you should be near a successful install. Are you there yet?

I think that you are close or very near success if you have not gotten there already.

ATR

• 10. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                            JoA41 Level 1

Well, I reinstalled but had the exact same result.  The program crashed near the end of loading the Video Editing module.  I’m giving up.  I’m just glad there was a trial version so I hadn’t purchased the program.  I have used  Premiere Elements in the past on Windows XP and liked it but haven’t used it since my copy stopped working correctly on Windows 7.

Thank you so much for your help.

• 11. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

Thanks for the update. Sorry the news was not good after your hard work trying to get the program to work for you.

Best wishes with whatever video editing software you decide on.

If you did want to revisit Premiere Elements14 as your video editing, the suggested might include

1. Looking close at your computer environment

2. Renaming of SLCache Folder and SLStore Folder and some other maneuvers as detailed for version 12

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

3. Renaming of OOBE folder to OLDOOBE.. See Local Disk C\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\

But, if you have decided enough is enough, I thank you for the opportunity to try to be of assistance.

ATR

• 12. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                                JoA41 Level 1

I wanted you to know I tried one more time to open the program before

deleting it and it opened!  I used the "run as administrator" option, but am

not sure that was why it opened.  I closed the program and opened again

without choosing that option and it also opened.  I'm not sure what changed

or why it worked, but at least I can now try it out.

Thanks again for your help.

• 13. Re: new install of elements crashes on windows 10
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

JoA41

Wonderful, really great news of your success getting the 14 tryout to work for you. Great job of staying with the troubleshooting and not giving up.

When you get a chance, please update 12 to 12.1 using an opened projects Help Menu/Updates. One of the perks of the 12.1 Update is that it gets rid of the text style issue that exists only in the Expert workpspace.

Please let us know of your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR