Are you checking the Render Settings in the Render Cue? I'm not seeing any of these issues on my end using basically the same system.
Huh, so I did a little more troubleshooting and I found what looks like a temp work around.
I tried to recreate the issue on another computer in my studio with the same specs.
So, on my computer I created a new output module with the same settings as the previous output module and it seems to be working fine.
I will update if the problem comes back.
But I would still expect the original output module to work fine.
The output module has nothing to do with the render settings. The render settings set the time span of the render.
I miss-typed. I sent the same comp to the render queue as a new render item and gave it the same settings as the previous render item.
I should have mentioned. My workflow uses BG Renderer which means that I keep three items in my render queue; an image sequence render, a rough w.i.p. render and a final render.
I will turn on the check mark in the queue for the type of render to queue that render. Then I'll start the render in BG Renderer. BG Renderer unchecks that particular item marking it as unqueued instead of finished. That way I can just re-use that item as many times as I'd like and be sure I get the exact same settings and module everytime.
So the render settings in that queue item was set to Time Span: Work Area. But I still ran into that problem.