8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 5:25 PM by A.T. Romano

how can i re download premiere 9

danam59286296

Hi I lost my disk and my computer wiped out my system and now I cannot re download this program by serial number can someone please help.

• 1. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
          Jim_Simon Level 8

Premiere stopped at 6.5.  Premiere Pro is currently at version 9.0.2, but it does not use a serial number, and never came on a disk.  You log in to the Creative Cloud desktop application to download and install the software that you've subscribed to.

• 2. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sounds like Elements to me.

Moved to Elements forum.

• 3. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
              danam59286296 Level 1

Move to elements forum??

• 4. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
                A.T. Romano Level 7

damam

Your thread is now in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum based on the belief of the sender that your program is Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

Assuming that is correct, then you can download and install Premiere Elements 9 tryout files from 2 sources....

1. Adobe other downloads

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/other-downloads.html

or

2. the following web site

Photoshop Elements 9 / Premiere Elements 9 Direct Download Links | ProDesignTools

You insert your purchased serial number at installation when requested to do that.

Please let us know if that worked for you. If not, please give more details. Either way, please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
                  danam59286296 Level 1

Thank you so much, This has been very helpful. Although whenever I sign in and enter my serial number it says "this product has been registered and can only be registered once" I simply just trying to re download a product that I love it seems impossible I've been at my computer for 4 hours about to lose my mind! ahhhh I think its already gone. Is there anyway around this or should I just purchase a new editing software

• 6. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

danam

If necessary, retreat but then advance again refreshed. Do not give up.

If you have a purchased serial number and the tryout installation files from one of the above sources, you should be OK. So, let us try to determine why not.

For now, I am assuming that you are using Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

Did you uninstall all traces of Premiere Elements 9 from your computer?

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Download

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled (use tryout files from one of the links given...if problem with the "1", then use "2")

After you have successfully install 9.0, then download and install 9.0.1 Update from the following web site. (This can be done with 9 closed.)

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

With 9.0/9.0.1 or even just 9.0, do not sign in. Once photoshop.com no longer existed in Premiere Elements versions, the sign in is not used in Premiere Elements 10 and earlier. If you get any messages encouraging to sign in, ignore them (cancel out of them) and move on to use the program. Inserting your purchased serial number should be the key to moving forward.

We will be watching for your progress and thinking positive thoughts.

Best wishes from one user of the programs to another

ATR

• 7. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
                      danam59286296 Level 1

Thank you again. Although I am still having trouble. It says that it cannot download an upgrade until I download the actual Adobe premiere elements

• 8. Re: how can i re download premiere 9
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

danam

Thanks for the follow up.

I am not understanding your message in post 7.

You do have to install Premiere Elements 9 before you download and install the 9.0.1 Update from the link that I posted.

But, once you have Premiere Elements 9 downloaded and installed, you can close it while you are downloading and installing the 9.0.1 Update.

With that 9.0.1 Update, it comes as a zipped file. So, once you have it, you need to unzip it. Typically that is done by right clicking the file and selecting Extract All. Then you install from the unzipped file.

Are you OK with that information.If not, please do not hesitate to let me know where I need to supply supplemental information.

Based on your results, we can then decide if there were more complications with the computer wipe out than we have previously discussed.

Thanks.

ATR