5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 6:58 AM by A.T. Romano

media cache file delete how can I

lászlós99773983

Having elements (photo & premier ), the cache file folder became very, too big.

I ask, whether it is possible to delete, i.e. what happens if I delete.

furthermore, how this folder can be deleted?

• 1. Re: media cache file delete how can I
          A.T. Romano Level 7

laszlos

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is the exact location of this "cache file folder" to which you refer? Is it the Media Cache Files Folder that is by default found in Windows

Documents

Adobe

Premiere Elements

number of version

That particular Media Cache Files Folder contains conformed audio files (cfa and pek sets). You can delete them, The program will generate them again if and when needed.

The other Media Cache Folder involves conformed video files (mcdb). These also can be deleted and will be generated again by the program when and if it decides it needs them. For this, best see Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database area and the Clean All button unless you want to clean where the files are actually kept. The path to the area is shown near the Clean All button.

Please let us know if the above is the information that you sought. If not, please give more details. And surely version/computer information if you want a customized reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: media cache file delete how can I
            lászlós99773983 Level 1

hi thanks

I Have Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan, Adobe Elements 11, , version 11.0

please help me where, & how can I delete those files in the cache folder

thanks

• 3. Re: media cache file delete how can I
              lászlós99773983 Level 1

The Path :  Mac Hd / Users / username / Library / Application Support /Adobe / Common ; Media Cache Files (92,8 Gb) ...

• 4. Re: media cache file delete how can I
                lászlós99773983 Level 1

how can I delete those file is the cache folder using Adobe Elements app?

• 5. Re: media cache file delete how can I
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

laszlos

Thanks for the replies.

There are conformed audio (cfa and pek) and conformed video (mcdb) files in Premiere Elements Windows.

What are you finding at the path that you give - conformed audio or conformed video?

Mac Hd / Users / username / Library / Application Support /Adobe / Common ; Media Cache Files (92,8 Gb) ..

If you are finding 92.8 GB there, that is beyond large. I would suggest that you delete the conformed audio or conformed video files at that location.

The consequence of the deletion will be to clear the pile up. The program will generate new files automatically when and if it decides it needs them.

Please clarify what you found.

Thank you.

ATR