3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 8:05 AM by jim treadway

Preset Import problem

jim treadway

Hello - new to forum and LR6, pulling what few grey hairs I have left out.

Running LR6 on a Win 8.1 Dell all in one and LR5 on a Win 8.1 Asus laptop and both exhibit the same problem - neither will allow me to import more than one Preset at a time. I can import one at a time, but not 2 or more. I get the error, "Cannot open multiple items from this location. Try single item instead." This happens on two different well known 3rd party presets on both pc's. Don't think I extracted the files wrong - all files have the lrtemplate file extension and the preset works in LR fine.  What is wrong? is this a LR problem or Windows or what? I sure appreciate your help as I have been working on this problem for hours.

Thanks, Jim  ~Email address Removed~Mod

• 1. Re: Preset Import problem
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

I keep forgetting that there is an official "import" for presets....

Since that is not working for you, all you really need to do is copy the new folder of presets from where ever you unzipped them to the "dev presets" folder LR expects them to be in.

In the case of Windows, that should be someplace around

C:\Users\myName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\

• 2. Re: Preset Import problem
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

You can import ‘new’ (copied/purchased) presets from within Lightroom by a right-click on the presets folder. This will only import ‘individual’  presets (not a folder of presets)

For a folder of presets: do the addition by moving/copying the folder directly into the Lightroom system folder “develop presets”

Note: the develop presets folder can only access one hierarchy of folders-

Develop presets

-folder01

-preset 011.lrtemplate

-preset 012.lrtemplate

• 3. Re: Preset Import problem
              jim treadway Level 1

Hi ManiacJoe -

Your suggestion works exactly as you described - all 430 presets are stored in the LR folder for presets and it works. I had suspected the solution would be similar to what you described but did not find the folder to stick the presets.

Again, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Jim