2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 7:58 PM by Bob Somrak

Move files in and out of Lightroom

1) After editing and saving images as jpeg I have been pressing delete on that single file then choosing to 'remove' the file from Lightroom when finished editing. I don't have any image files sitting in Lightroom but always back up Lightroom and have catalogue on hard drive as well as originals and edited pics. Can I return these files to Lightroom and continue editing where I left off? How do I do this?

2) Is there a way to see how long you have been actively editing a photo/group of images in Adobe? I would like to know my 'billable' hours.

• 1. Re: Move files in and out of Lightroom
          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi 2039,

1) You can use the backup catalog file to get the files back.

2) There is no option to count the number of active hours.

~Mrinmay

• 2. Re: Move files in and out of Lightroom
            Bob Somrak Level 5

2039 wrote:

I don't have any image files sitting in Lightroom

No one has any image files sitting in Lightroom.  Lightroom is a database and just references the files on your drive and does not import the actual file so removing the file from Lightroom only removes the reference in the database and the previews.  If you want to continue editing where you left off just quit "removing" files.  If you want to save space with the previews, use minimal previews and discard 1:1 previews after 1 day settings in catalog preferences.