Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning about Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the following on the Adobe Audition blog this afternoon

http://blogs.adobe.com/audition/2015/10/audition-cc-and-osx-10-11-el-capitan.html

Attention Mac users:

We recommend users refrain from upgrading to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) at this time.  Due to changes in application signing, users report crashing with many plugins and native effects.  Additionally, there are many audio devices that will not function without updated drivers, and support has been dropped for many legacy devices by their manufacturers.  Users may also not see the splash screen on launch.

As with most OS upgrades, you may wish to abstain from updating until your applications are confirmed to work correctly, or after any ongoing projects are complete.

MacRumors forums have been maintaining a list of additional software that may not function under El Capitan without developer updates at http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-working-not-working-apps.1890772/

Additional links:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/4431/os-x-10.11-el-capitan-compati...
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2015/9/30/apogee-mac-os-x-el-capitan-compatibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't you posting these updates in a easy to find central location for all of your apps? This is so disorganized and tedious. If there is such a place could you point me in that direction? Most of us use more than one app. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop works on my MacBook Pro after installing El Capitan, but not on my iMac with El Cap. I installed El Cap on both machines the same day. I don't understand that. Looking forward to a fix, and SOON!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I uninstalled all the Creative Suite apps and reinstalled, and they seem to be working fine on my iMac running El Cap now. Still weird that I never had any issues on my MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't you guys fixing the problems instead of pointing the finger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxmcgillvo wrote:

Why aren't you guys fixing the problems instead of pointing the finger?

Why aren't you asking Apple exactly this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh, I HAVE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistakenly updated el capitan Friday and Now My adobe audition CS6 does not function under the sample rate of 44100.  I can put at sample rate 48,000 but I sound like I'm on speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. OS X 10.11 El Capitan has not exactly been a secret—it was announced MONTHS ago. Why hasn't Adobe been able to make the necessary changes to Audition in the meantime so that it would, you know, actually work after the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple broke this, not Adobe. It's their call, I'm afraid. There is actually a rumour that Apple are even going to fix it - you'll have to wait and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope and believe you are correct. I don’t see it as an Adobe problem, but now it is and Adobe and Apple problem! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did Apple break?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With El Capitan, Apple changed their application and driver code signing requirements.  As I mentioned in another thread, this is an area where Microsoft tends to go out of their way to ensure backwards compatibility but Apple takes a different course.  There's a technical analysis of the changes at Code Signing in El Capitan • furbo.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not have enough time to update the program to meet those application and driver code signing requirements? (And yes, I agree with the comment that it is now an Adobe and Apple problem—though everybody has known for several months about the new version of the OS, and I'm sure Apple didn't keep those above-mentioned requirements secret the whole time.) InDesign is working just fine for me. Why not Audition? (I haven't tried Photoshop yet, but then I just went back to Yosemite, so that's a moot point for now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve had no problem (cross fingers) with Premiere Pro.

Just Audition and only with the effects, list Special - Master.

max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple gets too lazy. Yes, from my experience Microsoft would have been on top of this. I hope Apple gets back to its core. Pun intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxmcgillvo wrote:

Apple gets too lazy. Yes, from my experience Microsoft would have been on top of this. I hope Apple gets back to its core. Pun intended.

Hmm... Microsoft has also been having problems with Apple's latest OS failure, apparently:

Microsoft Working on Fix for Office Bugs in OS X El Capitan - Mac Rumors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was Adobe notified of these changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure. But, everyone new Apple was working on a new OS. It seems like both companies - Adobe and Apple - would have tried to make sure their products played nice together….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxmcgillvo wrote:

It seems like both companies - Adobe and Apple - would have tried to make sure their products played nice together….

Except that it isn't just two companies, is it? It's got at least Microsoft as well, and I bet there were more. And that puts the ball fair and square in Apple's court, not anybody else's.

Fortunately they seem to have realised this, and there appears to be a 10.11.1 update that is supposed to fix the problem. Although I note also that this is the third beta of the 10.11.1 fix, so there may be more to come...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the mass email alert/warning. That would have been incredibly helpful. Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP and you guys send some sort of mass email or something to your customers so they arent staring at thier computers wondering WTH is going on with Typkit and other apps/services.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been researching computers for months now.  Just made the jump from PC to Mac.....I do a lot of photos and am VERY disappointed.  I am ready to take this Mac back for a refund due to this issue.  Apple needs to address when this will be fixed.  Just dropped $2100 for what i thought would be an upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel your pain! This makes Apple look real bad….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

h2ogirl wrote:

I have been researching computers for months now.  Just made the jump from PC to Mac.....I do a lot of photos and am VERY disappointed.  I am ready to take this Mac back for a refund due to this issue.  Apple needs to address when this will be fixed.  Just dropped $2100 for what i thought would be an upgrade.

Since Apple appear to have concentrated their resources into things that start with 'i', I would have thought that investing in any of their other hard/software was dodgy, in the long term. In the case of their software upgrades it appears to be doubly dodgy as they demonstrably don't do what Microsoft appear to do - which is to deliberately keep as much of other vendors' software working as they can when they issue an upgrade.

I'm not saying that Microsoft's OS's are all wonderful - clearly they have some undesirable features of their own. But compared to what Apple have done (yet again), they are a model of sweetness and light. And more affordable. And they don't tie you to specific hardware... et seq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines