• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: ICE with Liquid

Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we can’t edit a page with ICE that has liquid in it?

PastedGraphic-3.png

And also since the last patch pages that don’t have a html extension (id http:://website.com/pagename) now are a showing as broken because the editor adding a .htm extension to the urls. These keeps happening.

http://sealyaustralia.jchmedia.com/sleep-soundly/sleep-kit

http://sealyaustralia.jchmedia.com/AdminConsoleXT/icecube/sleep-soundly/sleep-kit.htm

PastedGraphic-1.png

also when linking to a folder rather than the file.

http://sealyaustralia.jchmedia.com/mattress-range/

http://sealyaustralia.jchmedia.com/AdminConsoleXT/icecube/mattress-range/.htm

PastedGraphic-2.png

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015 Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

At this point, ICE and the admin editors do not have support for editing pages containing liquid mark-up. Therefore, to protect the page content from accidental updates, we have restricted the visual editor from editing these type of pages.

The second problem, regarding the URLs, we'll investigate the issue and get back to you.

Cristinel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the advanced warning of a change that affects your partners and their clients. Why was there no warnings that this change was going into affect? What about a professional courtesy, warning us that by such and such time your clients will no longer be able to edit pages that have "any" liquid on the page? Giving us advanced warning would have helped us change client sites so their transition would be seamless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liquid is still in Beta, you choose to use it or Adam, All the information on bugs, where it is at, updates are all being posed in these development forums.

With Liquid's release Pages have always been set to not go to design mode. This is something I advised BC to do almost from the get go with Liquid becoming available. It is pretty much 100% a sure bet that clients will kill the liquid functionality on the page through the design editor. I sent the BC team videos on just that, SO EASY to do!

As I have said to others - We have already large complex sites built with liquid and there is pretty much zero liquid on any actual web pages.

So there is ZERO effect to you and your clients if you are not using liquid, if you are implementing liquid this will have always been the case (pages not allowing design mode)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only talking about the recent change to the BC Admin ICE editor under the menu item "Edit". This was a recent change. I have had access to all ice editable regions till recently even if my template had a {%comment%} or {%include%}. Before, clients just lost the visual design (css and js inside the include) but could see all things in the body, which on my pages, had no liquid in it. Now even if your template has a {%comment%} or {%include%} in the head the page comes up "page not found".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is the case, then there may be an issue or bug causing that. But again Liquid = Beta and BC have outlined ICE and Liquid are not compatible so what does work is not technically supported. If you communicate your issue though to Cristinel and the BC team they may be able to identify the niggle introduced in the release and may be able to address that. But again you got to remember those points I just mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand it is Beta. I completely understand the changes, but this far along in beta they give us a heads up when they change the data types for example, "because it affects existing developer workflows". So I wish this had been documented and listed in a system update so I could prepare sites that would be affected. Thanks for your input Liam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a bug Adam, it would not be documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cristinel,

Just a follow up on the URL issue in ICE, has there been a solution found as yet?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to workout a quick solution to my client, I had to create web apps for all the pages that required ice:editable region.

My client finds it easier.

Now, I find it web apps more convenient!

Of course, this would work only for Web-commerce hosting plans.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there have been any updates on this? We are looking at implementing liquid across our sites, however we current offer the inContext editor to all of our clients and it is something they use frequently.

Is this something that is likely to be fixed or is the ICE going to be 'phased out' to something different?

I did see this article (BC.Next - New Admin Editor), however it was from June 2014

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a real issue for me as well. Thanks to a tip from Dave Haggblad I can now use ICE and Liquid together. Just means putting the liquid code in a Content Holder, it seems that ICE can't see inside the Content Holder unless you tell it to. Anyway, it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember that if you use this work around any variables you set either via {%assign%} or {%capture%} are only within the scope of the content holder. Meaning you can't access the data within the content holder on the page or vice-versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime back BC enabled ice editing on pages even if there were no ice:editable regions on the page.  This was fine prior to the availability of liquid as it allowed most page content to be edited by our clients with no or very little additional markup.

Would a possible solution be to allow the option of having the ICE editor ignore any liquid on the page which isn't enclosed in an ice:editable region.  Perhaps we wouldn't be allowed to include any liquid code anywhere inside the ice:editable region such as an HTML region, but that would be a small price to pay if we could still allow our clients to edit content enclosed within any ice:editable regions.  Perhaps we could then leverage includes and global assignments as mentioned by Mr. Swanepoel.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then you would not have half the page render to be able to put content in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines