5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 7:44 PM by montym_radar

Elements 12 Camera Raw upgrade to 8.5

montym_radar

I am trying to upgrade Elements 12 Camera Raw to version 8.5 (my current version is 8.3). after downloading 8.5, I executed the 8.5 installation and completed it, however when I load elements, it still shows camera raw 8.3...it does not upgrade to 8.5...any ideas why it won't upgrade to 8.5 ?

• 1. Re: Elements 12 Camera Raw upgrade to 8.5
          R_Kelly Adobe Community Professional

Which operating system are you using?

Did you try Help>Updates from within the pse 12 editor?

• 2. Re: Elements 12 Camera Raw upgrade to 8.5
            montym_radar Level 1

I'm using windows 7...I've discovered this since my posting: Although the Elements 12 editor does not upgrade camera raw to 8.5 (it remains at 8.3) I have a icon now on my desktop for DNG converter 8.5, which will now convert Panasonic GH4 raw files (extension RW2) to DNG files which I CAN open now in Elements 12. The camera raw release 8.5 enabled Panasonic GH4 raw files (among others) to be edited. I was hoping that the 8.5 upgrade would allow me to edit the Panasonic GH4 raw files directly in Elements 12 without having to make the DNG conversion first. Perhaps 8.3 was the LAST compatible upgrade to Elements 12 that actually acts as a "PLUG-IN"....?

• 3. Re: Elements 12 Camera Raw upgrade to 8.5
              montym_radar Level 1

I'm using windows 7...I've discovered this since my posting: Although the Elements 12 editor does not upgrade camera raw to 8.5 (it remains at 8.3) I have a icon now on my desktop for DNG converter 8.5, which will now convert Panasonic GH4 raw files (extension RW2) to DNG files which I CAN open now in Elements 12. The camera raw release 8.5 enabled Panasonic GH4 raw files (among others) to be edited. I was hoping that the 8.5 upgrade would allow me to edit the Panasonic GH4 raw files directly in Elements 12 without having to make the DNG conversion first. Perhaps 8.3 was the LAST compatible upgrade to Elements 12 that actually acts as a "PLUG-IN"....?

• 4. Re: Elements 12 Camera Raw upgrade to 8.5
                R_Kelly Adobe Community Professional

You should be able to install the camera raw 8.5 plugin update on windows 7.

Did you try Help>Updates from within the pse 12 editor?

85.jpg

• 5. Re: Elements 12 Camera Raw upgrade to 8.5
                  montym_radar Level 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It worked, it updated the Camera Raw to 8.5! Now it will open GH4 raw files from within Elements, no need to make the DNG conversion...again, Thank You so much!

mm