2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 6:20 AM by lee1016

how do i stop Adobe from using up so much memory?

lee1016

Everytime I open photoshop all of my memory is being used up and I can't even open a file as there is not enough RAM anymore.  I have tried to close adobe CC as it is constantly running and using all my RAM.  I can turn it off manually for a second and then it turns itself back on - I can't find a way to disable the Adobe background junk that I'm not using.

• 1. Re: how do i stop Adobe from using up so much memory?
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

exactly are you measuring the RAM used. This is a very technical area and it's easy to completely mininterpret what you see. Please give details and numbrs.

• 2. Re: how do i stop Adobe from using up so much memory?
            lee1016 Level 1

An Apple Rep took over my screen and showed me what steps to take- by opening the ACTIVITY MONITOR you can see every program/app, etc and what it is drawing.  The Adobe Desktop Service and Creative Cloud is constantly on and can't be disabled (so it seems) and draws the majority of memory.  The Apple Rep suggested I download "MR CLEANER" APP and it shows what memory is being used and what apps or programs are drawing the most mem.

I spoke with an Adobe Rep yesterday and she said this is an ongoing problem with Adobe.  There should be a way to disable the Adoble applications that you are not using at the current time.   I have a new Mac Book Pro with 8 GB and Adobe said that was more than sufficient - I don't have anything major downloaded on my laptop that is drawing big memory and causing issues.