• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost serial number for original product, upgrade is now unusable

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally purchased CS3, then upgraded to CS4 in 2010 (purchased direct from Adobe). Three years ago I started using Creative Cloud, but I can no longer justify the monthly fee. So I re-downloaded CS4 from My Products, entered the serial number as requested, and ... was asked to enter the serial number form CS3. Which I no longer have. According to Adobe, my only option is to buy the software again. Is there any way around this?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Hi,

I would advise you to contact the support via call/chat for this request.

Contact Customer Care

**Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link above**

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the serial number for CS3 in order to prove you qualify to use the CS4 upgrade.  You can check your Adobe account to see if it is still available there though it is unlikely.  If you ever registered the software, then Adobe has your serial number for CS3 recorded somewhere... though getting their help with it is likely as you have found so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe knows I upgraded legitimately - I had to have the CS3 serial number in order for them to sell me the CS4 upgrade in the first place. The upgrade was purchased directly from them - it and the CS4 serial number are still in My Products on the Adobe site, price and all. They know I'm the same person who purchased it from them, since my Adobe account has never changed. Since I used the CS3 serial number to activate CS4 in the first place (five years ago), do you think it would still be in their system somewhere? Thank you for replying, by the way, Ned - the only other reply I got was something like 'you have to find your CS3 serial number.'   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not doubt that Adobe knows you are their customer and what you purchased.  I do not know for certain why but they do not help their customers with their older products anymore - I guess that is their logic of how to drive business to their newer products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would advise you to contact the support via call/chat for this request.

Contact Customer Care

**Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link above**

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines