2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 5:27 AM by andyhky

Raw files that imported into LR CC disappeared after upgrading to El Capitan

andyhky

Hi there,

Im a canon user shooting Raw files (CR2).

I stored my raw in external drive and edited them on my mac by LR CC.

Recently, I upgraded my MBPR to El Capitan and things happened. Nearly all of my raw files which I imported into LR are gone.

I cant even search any raw files in Finder.

Meanwhile, the exported JPG files are still here. So, I'm so confused what happened... Is it about Apple or LR or my external drive?

Thank you so much.

• 1. Re: Raw files that imported into LR CC disappeared after upgrading to El Capitan
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

Your image files are on an External drive, they are not IN Lightroom. Check your external drive for permissions problems and the format of that drive. It should be formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled). If it is any other format, like Windows NTFS, then you may need an Add On program for OS X to Write to that drive (You may of had such an Add On that got removed or disabled by the El Capitan upgrade).

El Capitan is a New Apple Mac Operating system. It may or may not carry over some of the settings and Add On features you are so use to with the older OS X version. One of them is the ability to Decode, View/Display, the Canon RAW file format in Finder. But those RAW files should still be located on your external drive and displayed in Finder with a generic icon of some type and ending with the File extension of .CR2. You will need to tell Finder to display file Extensions. you do that in the Finder Preferences.

It is always about Apple. They do stuff without any consideration to their users and other software companies.

• 2. Re: Raw files that imported into LR CC disappeared after upgrading to El Capitan
            andyhky Level 1

Thank you so much!

I reinstall NTFS-enable add-on and the files are back!

Thank you for ur prompt reply dude!

And ya... Apple sucks :/