3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 8:29 AM by A.T. Romano

Help????? Backup - Low on disk space

timo4933629

Hi, I'm sure this has done the rounds before.

I'm using Elements 12 and need to move my Catalogue of 10,000 photos to my new Desktop.

I have followed the instructions to the letter!!!

I have defragged both my existing machine (which has more than 500Gb free and the 500 Gb external hard drive I am trying to back the Catalogue on to.

I have deleted almost everything of no consequence to just leave Adobe and my folders with the photos in.

I am sure Adobe MUST be aware of the problem, but can one of you guys/girls solve my problem.

Many thanks, and regards

• 1. Re: Help????? Backup - Low on disk space
          A.T. Romano Level 7

timo

If your basic program is Photoshop Elements 12 and its Elements Organizer 12, please take advantage of the specialized expertise on this matter in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum. Photoshop Elements

Your thread has been posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 are standalone products, each coming with the Elements Organizer 12. When Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 12. Are all the entries in the Elements Organizer 12 photos?

What is the problem that you are having? Are you getting failures in trying to backup  your catalog as described in Adobe documents?

Elements Organizer Help | Backup or restore catalogs

Just in case note - your Elements Organizer thumbnails trace back to the originals which remain saved to the computer hard drives (internal or external). The Elements Organizer does not have the originals.

Please review and consider.

ATR

• 2. Re: Help????? Backup - Low on disk space
            timo4933629 Level 1

Thanks for you information.

I have re-posted as suggested. When I follow the method described in the Elements Organiser Help (as above) it returns an error message: Your system is low on disk space and Elements Organiser  cannot perform this operation. Try to remove some files to free up disk space'

I have taken most programmes e.g. MS Office and associated documents etc., and following other recommendations defragged both hard drives (as stated above) but it still returns the same error message.

But thank you.

Timo

• 3. Re: Help????? Backup - Low on disk space
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Timo

Thanks for the follow up.

You should get the best possible recommendations on the Elements Organizer backup in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

There you will be greeted by many who have faced first hand the Elements Organizer 10,000 plus photos backup  issue that you face and have had to deal with it.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR