1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 8:47 PM by Migintosh

making a folded greeting card in InDesign CC

DevlinBoyter

Hi, I am new to Adobe products. I am trying to make a folded 5x7 greeting card and cannot find any current tutorials for the new InDesign. I appreciate your help! I am about to exceed the cost of InDesign with ink and cardstock trying to figure it out! Thank you.

• 1. Re: making a folded greeting card in InDesign CC
          Migintosh Level 4

If you plan to continue using InDesign, you should consider getting this book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0133953564?keywords=sandee%20cohen&qid=1443929698&ref_=sr _1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

If this is just a one-off, it might be easier to find someone to do it for you, but if you really want to do it yourself (and especially if you're printing it yourself), there are lots of videos on You Tube for creating 4-page flyers, which is practically the same thing. You want to have page 4 positioned to the left of page 1 on one side of a sheet, and page 2 to the left of page 3 on the other. This can be done as 4 document pages with a 5x7 document size, or as 2 document pages with the document size set to twice the width (10) and the same height (7). Whether you print this by running the paper through your printer to print the 4&1, and then turning it over to run 2&3, or if your printer can print both sides at once, there are many variables, so I can't give you a step-by-step. It might also help you to Google the term Imposition, which is what it's called when you place the pages in the order that they need to be printed, as opposed to the order that they are read (reading order is how you will design a piece almost all of the time).

Does that help any? Sorry that I can't be more specific, but we could go on for pages on this, as it is a new concept to you, and that's not really the purpose of the forum (but since you are asking for tutorials, I suppose you already know that). Please come back and ask specific questions if you run into a snag.