• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many decision tabs can you have in one conditional action?

Participant ,
Oct 04, 2015 Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often create landing pages with a conditional action that runs 'On entering' the slide.

The landing page will show or hide different images or buttons depending on which slides or buttons the user has visited or clicked, while working through it.

I know by default you start off with 3 default decision tabs with a new conditional action.

But I always wondered how many extra ones can you add?

I noticed with a recent project I had 18, but when I added one more it didn't seem to work properly (on reflection this could have been down to how I'd set it up rather than Captivate itself).

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Like anything, there has to be some practical limit. But I'm not sure anyone has yet discovered it yet. And I totally agree with what you said about the issue likely being with the logic as to why things didn't work quite right.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the biggest one I've ever created had about 35 Decision Blocks. It took a while to load each time I had to make edits to it, but other than that it worked seamlessly at run-time for the end users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks both, that's good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources