5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 11:42 PM by f-jm54013370

Is the music provided in Premiere Elements royalty free so that I can use it for commercial purposes

f-jm54013370

I want to use my Videos för any purpose and don't want any royalty problem issues

• 1. Re: Is the music provided in Premiere Elements royalty free so that I can use it for commercial purposes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

f-jm

What version of Premiere Elements on what computer operating system?

Nonetheless...

The Adobe Licensing Agreement includes OK to use the program music files in a project for commercial purposes. But it does not allow for using these music files separately for commercial purposes.

2.3 Content Files. Unless stated otherwise in the “Read‑Me” files, Documentation, or other license(s) associated with the Content Files, Customer may use, display, modify, reproduce, and distribute any of the Content Files. However, Customer may not distribute the Content Files on a stand-alone basis (i.e., in circumstances in which the Content Files constitute the primary value of the product being distributed), and Customer may not claim any trademark rights in the Content Files or derivative works thereof. Nothing stated herein shall affect the ownership of the Software as stated in Section 3.

The above was copy paste from

Adobe - End User License Agreement

Any questions about the above, please let us know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Is the music provided in Premiere Elements royalty free so that I can use it for commercial purposes
            f-jm54013370 Level 1

Thank you for caring!

But every time I try to understand these déclarations I get headache. I never get a clear answer. I make small videos about nature and insects  i just want some Background music. Just now i publish these videos as public in FaceBook without any profit  but may be in the future i will change my mind  and will want to get some money for my work without risking being  persute. Is that ok?  Thanks

• 3. Re: Is the music provided in Premiere Elements royalty free so that I can use it for commercial purposes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

f-jm

Thanks for the follow up.

If you create a video project in Premiere Elements and use the program's content (music, menus, title templates, Instant Movie themes, graphics) in building the content on the Timeline, the movie produced from that project should be OK to sell. But, you cannot go into the Premiere Elements program files on the hard drive and sell the individual files which are the original files for the content used in the project.

This is not Adobe. Just user to user, reading the Adobe Licensing Agreement and interpreting it as indicated. Others besides myself have interpreted that Content part of the Adobe License Agreement the same way.

Adobe is the ultimate interpreter.

Please re-read the excerpt that I posted from the Adobe License Agreement using my additional comments and see if you do not agree on what it directs.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Is the music provided in Premiere Elements royalty free so that I can use it for commercial purposes
                A.T. Romano Level 7

f-jm

I just wanted to double check on what you wrote about making video dealing with nature and inserts and looking for background music.

Question: When you are making these movies are you making them in some version of Premiere Elements and wanting to add Premiere Elements content (that comes with the program) into this Premiere Elements project?

Or, are you working in another software and want to import Premiere Elements music files (from your computer hard drive) into another software's project?

Now that I am not sure about.

ATR

• 5. Re: Is the music provided in Premiere Elements royalty free so that I can use it for commercial purposes
                  f-jm54013370 Level 1

Thanks so much ATR I am noy using premiere today just Microsoft Movie Maker but intend eventually to purchase premiere 14 if it suites my requirements. Of course to answer your questions I do not have the intention to use the music-files from my hard disc copying and using them outside from the Adobe application. Just through the conventional Premiere application. I understand now the difference in these 2 behaviours.

I thank you for your help and will mark these thread as "correct answered" Thanks a lot.