6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 12:09 PM by provlima

Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??

provlima Level 1

I have been using studio 12 for years but want to migrate to Premiere Elements  and wondering if any former studio users out there who could tell me if there was a hard learning curve when you switched??

• 1. Re: Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??
          A.T. Romano Level 7

provlima

Never used Pinnacle Studio.

If you have been using Pinnacle Studio for years, I would suggest to you that your most difficult challenge with any new software will be distinguishing between a bug in the new software and something that is done differently in the new software as compared to Pinnacle or something that Pinnacle offers which the new software does not.

The forums are a good place to help you to make those distinctions.

Have you considered downloading and installing the free 30 day Premiere Elements 14 tryout from Adobe and creating the same project in 14 and Pinnacle and seeing how far you get. The tryout will let you determine the compatibility of the program with your computer environment and project goals.

Premiere Elements Help PDF

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

Elements Organizer Help PDF

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/elements-organizer_reference.pdf

Might I ask what you are looking for in a new video editor that you do not have in Pinnacle that you have been using for years and assumed have confidence in?

I will be watching for replies to your thread.

ATR

• 2. Re: Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I did come from Pinnacle Studio -- but that was a long, long time ago, in the early days of Premiere Elements -- so I'm not sure if your experience will be like mine.

The interface is very different, so there will definitely be a learning curve as you get to know where all of the tools are. Although all video editors use the same basic principles, so it's not like you'll be learning from scratch.

FWIW, I've created a free 8-part Basic Training tutorial series for Premiere Elements 14. You can watch it here.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training***

• 3. Re: Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??
              provlima Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply........

I just ordered a new Lumix FZ1000 which has 4k video and would like to edit and output the movies

After reading several software reviews  Compared to Power Director Premiere was recommended as being more user friendly and easier to learn.

As I also will  need raw editing capability I want to move up to  PE 14 so I thought I would get the pair

• 5. Re: Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??
                A.T. Romano Level 7

provlima

Thanks for the follow up.

Regarding Lumix FZ1000 4K

Premiere Elements 14 has project presets for 4K 3840 x 2160 video as well as exports for it as well.

Premiere Elements 14 has a new sharing area set up called Export & Share. Lots to explore for us all, old and new users.

As a starter, take a look at Export & Share/Devices/Computer and the choice of 4K Ultra HD - says Format = MP4 - XAVC-S.

At first glance, it may not be apparent how to set frame rate. It appears that frame rate will be determined by project preset and scan type is progressive. Just one example.

Premiere Elements 14 is said to be more intuitive than prior versions, but.... Lots of details still  to reconcile with what was with the what is.

Such is likely to be the case for you,  but in the go between Pinnacle and Premiere Elements 14. Principles are good, but things can get rough when you are armed with principles and cannot not find a feature or even know if it exists.

I started a Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details and a Premiere Elements 14 Daily Discoveries blog to keep track of my observations on 14.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 Daily Discoveries

These are intended to be in depth looks.  Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Help PDF is a good start read or browse through.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??
                  provlima Level 1

Thanks for your help ATR!!!

To: Jim Kalas <mouln@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, October 5, 2015 1:19 PM

Subject:  Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??

Any former pinnacle studio users who migrated to premiere elements??

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussionprovlima Thanks for the follow up. Regarding Lumix FZ1000 4K Premiere Elements 14 has project presets for 4K 3840 x 2160 video as well as exports for it as well. Premiere Elements 14 has a new sharing area set up called Export & Share. Lots to explore for us all, old and new users.As a starter, take a look at Export & Share/Devices/Computer and the choice of 4K Ultra HD - says Format = MP4 - XAVC-S.At first glance, it may not be apparent how to set frame rate. It appears that frame rate will be determined by project preset and scan type is progressive. Just one example. Premiere Elements 14 is said to be more intuitive than prior versions, but.... Lots of details still  to reconcile with what was with the what is.Such is likely to be the case for you,  but in the go between Pinnacle and Premiere Elements 14. Principles are good, but things can get rough when you are armed with principles and cannot not find a feature or even know if it exists. I started a Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details and a Premiere Elements 14 Daily Discoveries blog to keep track of my observations on 14.ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 First Look DetailsATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 Daily DiscoveriesThese are intended to be in depth looks.  Adobe Premiere Elements 14 Help PDF is a good start read or browse through. Best wishes ATR If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8031222#8031222 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8031222#8031222 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.