3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 3:18 PM by sandyw90531459

playhead won't stop after end of video is reached

Reptile Brain

I finished editing a video in Premiere Elements 12 and want to get it published on YouTube. It's about 30 minutes long, I'm planning to render it as an mpeg4. When I run the .prel the playhead keeps right on rolling after the frames end. The last 5 or 6 frames are still graphics (.png) with the credits. I've used the Fit to Visible Timeline button to render it several times, put the playhead at the end and set a timeline marker, run "delete and close gap" in the frame after the last content, nothing works. It comes to the end and just keeps rolling. What do I do?

• 1. Re: playhead won't stop after end of video is reached
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's most likely you've got some stray frames of video beyond the true end of your movie.

Press the \ key on your keyboard (above the Enter/Return key) to view your entire project's timeline. It's likely your view will show a timeline that goes beyond the true end of your movie. Click and drag across all of the tracks beyond the end of your movie to snag these stray frames and then press Delete on your keyboard. Press the \ key again and the timeline should snap to the actual length of your movie.

• 2. Re: playhead won't stop after end of video is reached
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Reptile Brain

Since you have at the onset done what is being suggested, consider the following

Instead....

1. Expanded the Timeline to max with the -+ slider above the Timeline.

2. Press the End key of the computer keyboard.

3. Wherever the Timeline Indicator stops, open and inspect all tracks that are created in the Timeline.

Look for very thin vertical black lines scattered about, look for whole clips that may have been pushed out of the way and forgotten about, look for fragments of clips that might be slightly larger than the thin vertical black line type.

4. Repeat the End key routine until the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the intended Timeline content.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: playhead won't stop after end of video is reached
              sandyw90531459

Until I saw your response, I, too was pulling my hair.  I couldn't see anything until I used the / stroke.  Thank you!