4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2007 11:59 AM by sararas

Default mute with video

thin3d
      I would like the mute button to default to the "on" or "mute" position when the video starts to play.
      Then the viewer would have to click the mute button to the "off" or "sound on" position to hear the sound.

Can someone tell me if this is possible with Flash professional 8?

If so, can you provide the action script to make it work and tell me where to locate the action script?

Thanks for your assistance
        • 1. Re: Default mute with video
          pallav_theGreat
          Hi Boss,

You can try
          video.volume = 0 -------- for Mute
          and video.volume = 100 -------- for 100% volume

GoodLuck!!!
          • 2. Re: Default mute with video
            thin3d Level 1
            Pallav,

Thanks for the tip, but where do I place this action script?

Do I edit the skin of the player and put it there? If so where?

Do I put it on the the first frame of my flash document containing the video? I put video.volume = 0 in this location and nothing happened.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Default mute with video
              pallav_theGreat Level 1
              Hi Brother,
              If you are using FLVPlayBack component ( instance name: video) in Flash 8, Then you can do mute by 2 ways:
              1. Select the FLVPlayBack component & in the property window, U can select the volume & write it's value to zero, then it's volume become zero by default.
              2 The component whose instance name is say video, then in the 1st frame u have to write video.volume = 0

CHEERS!!!
              PALLAV SAMADDAR
              • 4. Re: Default mute with video
                sararas
                This is an old topic, I see. But I have the same question as the OP.

However, I'm not using the mute button component, I'm using the FLVPlayback component with a video.

I tried movie.volume=0, but then the built-in mute button doesn't work. Any suggestions? THANKS!