4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2006 4:00 AM by SiuLinda

Streaming Video

SiuLinda Level 1
      Could anyone please tell me how to do the streaming effect in Director? That even when it is partially loaded, it starts to play and will stop and wait for loading if finish playing the loaded part of the video?

I found quicktime got a streaming to turn on, but it just stop and rewind when finish in playing the loaded part of the video, should I use other format of video to get the effect done or should I use the script to achieve it?

Thank you very much in advance!
        • 1. Re: Streaming Video
          duckets Level 1
          If you want to stream a shockwave movie itself, go to Modify -> Movie -> Playback, and select "play while downloading movie".

For information about how to stream digital video from the internet, open the Director help (F1), type "digital video" into the Index tab search box, then look underneath and click "using on the internet".

hope this helps!

- Ben
          • 2. Re: Streaming Video
            SiuLinda Level 1
            Thanks Ben.
            But I have already turned it on and don't find it can help streaming quicktime video.
            Anyway, thank you!
            • 3. Re: Streaming Video
              duckets Level 1
              Did you try my second piece of advice:

For information about how to stream digital video from the internet, open the Director help (F1), type "digital video" into the Index tab search box, then look underneath and click "using on the internet".

- Ben
              • 4. Re: Streaming Video
                SiuLinda Level 1
                Ben, Thank you again, it's very kind of you.
                Yes, I have read that and will have to convert the video format and try again.
                Thanks a lot!