9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2015 10:52 AM by A.T. Romano

crashes when trying to upload to Private web album

mrsndmn

Hello,

Each time I have tried recently to upload to Revel Private Web album I get an error message that says Window detected and error and it has to close Adobe Prem elements.  I have an upgraded account but will close it if I cannot upload anything else.

Thanks

• 1. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsndmn

Adobe Revel (Elements Organizer and Private Web Album)  have been discontinued in Premiere Elements 14, so you must be using those features in either Premiere Elements 12/12.1 or 13/13.1. Which one? What is the computer operating system involved - Windows what?

Can you upload your project's Timeline to a file and then upload that to Adobe Revel at the Adobe Revel web site?

Have you updated 12 or 13 to 12.1 or 13.1 respectively using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Are you having any issue with uploads to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook using the Premiere Elements built in feature (Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook?

Have you determine if the particular web browser that you are using makes a difference in this issue?

Please confirm that message is Windows has detected an problem or that Premiere Elements has?

Do you have all the Windows updates?

Please consider and then we can decide what next based on the details of your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
            mrsndmn Level 1

-Thanks for your help.

-I have Premiere Elements 13.1

-Operating system is Windows 10 Pro

-Not sure what this statement means:

Can you upload your project's Timeline to a file and then upload that to Adobe Revel at the Adobe Revel web site?

-I have updated via the Help menu/updates.

-You tube works.

-I use Google Chrome but have not had an issue with logging in to Revel previously.

-All Windows updates are complete.

- The exact message shows up in a box that says:

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Adobe Premeire elements 13 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. 

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

A tab that says Close Program is in the bottom right corner

Thanks for your help,

Steve

• 3. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Thanks for the follow up with lots of important troubleshooting information.

About

-Not sure what this statement means:

With the question, I was pointing to getting at the integrity of your Timeline content and your Adobe Revel account.

So, generally

1. Export your Timeline content to a AVCHD.mp4 (1280 x 720p30) file and save the file to the computer hard drive.

then

2. Go to your Adobe account at Adobe Revel

Adobe Revel

and upload your AVCHD.mp4 from the computer hard drive to your account and library there.

After that, if you get the opportunity, try another computer default browser, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer which is still there, but not obviously.

See Local Disk C\Program Files (x86)\

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
                mrsndmn Level 1

My download process:

- download to Adobe Premiere organizer (but it never fully downloads all the film clips correctly, it says that the process is 97% complete with an error message.

- I then can go get the clips in the folder that was just made and I load them in the Adobe Premiere Video editor program.  I edit the film and save to a folder.

- I then try and upload to Revel, which at this time is not allowing me to access the site.  In the past it would ask me to input my Adobe password and then it would upload and post the newly made film.

I am not quite following your comments.  I do not have extensive video editing ability.

Thanks for all your help

• 5. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
                  mrsndmn Level 1

The Organizer program only worked for the first couple of flip clips and has not worked since.  It say that the download cannot be completed, but I do find all the clips from my videocam in the appropriate folder.  Thanks

• 6. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
                    mrsndmn Level 1

Please help.  I cannot download new material despite being charged $69 to renew my Revel account.  Who do I contact to cancel my Revel service as it is no use to me now?  Thanks

• 7. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Steve

Apologizes. I lost track of your thread since October 6, 2015.

There are 2 ways to determine if your Adobe Revel account is working OK for you in Premiere Elements....

In the Premiere Elements Editor....

1. Open your project, import your files, and then go to Publish+Share/Private Web Album and follow the instructions for uploading and saving your Timeline content to Adobe Revel as a H.264.mp4 1280 x 720p file.

Have you been there, done that, and gotten the failure messages.

2. As I described before

So, generally

1. Export your Timeline content to a AVCHD.mp4 (1280 x 720p30) file and save the file to the computer hard drive.

then

2. Go to your Adobe account at Adobe Revel

Adobe Revel

and upload your AVCHD.mp4 from the computer hard drive to your account and library there.

Have you been there, done that, and gotten the failure messages.

I have tried what you described in post 4, and it should work. Before you started the upload (browsing or drag and drop) did you look to the top of the Adobe Revel Window to determine if you were signed in or out at that moment?

If all of the above does not work, then I would post in the Adobe Revel Forum

a. to get last minute troubleshooting

and

b. get the details for unsubscribing to the Adobe Revel Premium Plan which you appear to have signed up for.

Revel

According to Adobe Revel, Adobe Revel service should still be available and usable for Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and 12/12.1. It is only 14 where it has been discontinued.

It seems easy enough to sign up for Adobe Revel for 12 and 13, but not as obvious how to discontinue the Adobe Revel upgrade. See Adobe Revel - Support

Please consider and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thanks

ATR

• 8. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
                        mrsndmn Level 1

No apologies necessary.  Thanks for your help.

I was able to download a clip to Revel after first downloading to the PC as you suggested.  This seems to be the way that I must do this from now on.  For some reason I cannot directly download clips to the Private album link as done previously.

From you comments, it seems that it would NOT be advantageous to upgrade to Premiere Elements 14 as I would not be able to use Revel.  Is that correct?

Thanks,

• 9. Re: crashes when trying to upload to Private web album
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrsndmn

Thanks for reply. Great job with the success that you report.

Adobe Revel presence is gone entirely in Premiere Elements 14....both in the Premiere Elements and Elements Organizer involvement.

But, Adobe Revel claims to be maintaining its services in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1. I wrote about that in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 14: Premiere Elements 14 And Adobe Revel

When I wrote that blog, I was uncertain if it applied just to Adobe Revel and the Elements Organizer not. I am now exploring the Premiere Elements 14 Windows tryout and can report that Adobe Revel is gone completely from 14 - Premiere Elements 14 Editor and Elements Organizer.

There are at least one or two unsolved issues in 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 related to taking your Timeline to a AVCHD.mp4 1280 x 720p export which uploads directly to Adobe Revel using Publish+Share/Private Web Album (Windows 10 64 bit). I would ask you to explore your Internet and security settings, but I recall you mentioning that you can do a successful upload to YouTube using the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

Thanks for your update. Appreciated.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects. Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

ATR