7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2015 8:03 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Capture and Color crashes

joenorman1784 Level 1

I have Capture and Color both installed on 2 IOS devices. One has current IOS update, other is one step behind. They both worked temporarily on both devices, now they work on neither. I have Shape installed and it works fine. Before Capture I un/re-installed Color with no success.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 1. Re: Capture and Color crashes
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Joe,

I have a few questions:

What generation mobile devices are you using?

Can you detail at what point in the process they're crashing?

Have you tried rebooting your device? Or force quitting the apps right after they crash?

Let me know.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Capture and Color crashes
            joenorman1784 Level 1

I have an iPhone 6 running IOS v9 (I haven't updated to the 9.0.2 yet). The ipad is a Siri model, with the last IOS v8 (iPad 2?).

I have uninstalled, shut down, then reinstalled on both. Upon reinstall it seems to work fine until I toggle through my libraries. I have one library with about 2 saved color profiles and it appears that when I get to that specific one it crashes. Once I try to re-open it doesn't stay active long enough for me to try and get out of that library. It appears I'm stuck in a loop.

I am going to go in through desktop and try to rename that particular folder to see if that will get me out of the loop. Deleting that folder will be my last resort.

I have an iPad too that isn't quite as current but I figure if I solve it on iPhone I should be able to resolve on iPad.

• 3. Re: Capture and Color crashes

Joe,

If I'm understanding correctly, it definitely sounds like that "theme" is corrupted in some way. By any chance have you tried duplicating it and placing it in a different library to see if the problem persists when it's "somewhere else"?

Try that before deleting it.

Sue.

• 4. Re: Capture and Color crashes
                joenorman1784 Level 1

So,

I moved those assets from the one library where it caused the crash into a newly created library. I delted the app, turned off the iphone then re-installed. I went through and created new assets with everything in Capture except Color.

I went to color and scrolled through all my libraries except the newly created with no problems. Just as soon as I went to the newly created library with about 20 color profiles it crashed. I'm guessing it is one of the profiles. I will create a new folder and slowly add the color profiles to see which is causing the problem.

(I'm somewhat new to CC Libraries so I apologize if I used some of the terms interchangeably. I hope I used them correctly enough to explain this accurately).

• 5. Re: Capture and Color crashes

Joe,

I completely understood/understand. And, yes, it definitely sounds like one of the themes was/is corrupted. Please let me know how things end up. (Great job troubleshooting.)

Sue.

• 6. Re: Capture and Color crashes
                    joenorman1784 Level 1

So far so good. The culprit appears to be a Halloween colored theme which I deleted. If there is a way I can go back to see which one it is I would like to save others the trouble. Looking fwd to getting some use out of it now.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Capture and Color crashes

Joe,

You know, have you tried logging in to Adobe Color CC or to http://assets.adobe.comcheck to see if it's still in your My Assets/Libraries folder.

If you actually come across it, post a screenshot here; I'd like to see it.

Glad things are working correctly again.

Sue.