4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 10:03 PM by MamZelle

Lightroom crashes ... non stop!!

MamZelle

Like a lot of users my Lightroom crashes constantly since the latest update... I'd love to try the solutions proposed but it never stay open long enough for me to be able to get to "Preferences". Anyone has a solution outside of a complete reinstall ???

• 1. Re: Lightroom crashes ... non stop!!
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi MamZelle,

If you are using Windows,

Please Follow the Solution below

1. Go To Edit>>Preference>>Performance>>Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor"  If this does not solves the issue then,
          2. With Lightroom closed
          • Navigate to

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences    (Where AppData is a hidden/system folder so you may need to enter the folder name directly into your Explorer address bar or enable hidden/system folders in Explorer folder view options.)

• Open the file LightroomPreferences.agprefs
          • Search for the line Use autobahn=True(Press CTRL+F)
          • Change it to Use Autobahn=False

dfsdf.PNG

Once Done save the File

Restart Lightroom

3. Also refer this link and update Graphics Processor if you use AMD card

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Issues with Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6 and AMD graphics cards | Win

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom crashes ... non stop!!
            Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You're a Mac user and this just started with yesterday's update?

If you reset your preferences, it should stay open long enough to get to the Preferences dialog to uncheck the Add Photos checkbox.  To do so, hold down Alt and Shift (Windows) / Opt and Shift (Mac) while opening Lightroom and it’ll ask whether to reset the preferences. The timing is crucial— hold them down while clicking/double-clicking on the app/shortcut

• 3. Re: Lightroom crashes ... non stop!!
              MamZelle Level 1

Thank you Victoria!!!

I'm on a Mac and in deed it started with the latest update

In fact I try something on my own (before I read your message)... And so far it works!!! So for the benefit of others, hère is what I did

I clicked on "Ctrl" and held it down while I started the application and by magic it opened and stayed open without even having to uncheck the "Add Photos" checkbox... In good conscience, I did it anyway just to make sure I was not pushing my luck!!!

Thank you again!!!

• 4. Re: Lightroom crashes ... non stop!!
                MamZelle Level 1

Thank you mohgoyal@adobe.com !!!

I'm on a Mac and in deed it started with the latest update

In fact I try something on my own (before I read your message)... And so far it works!!! So for the benefit of others, here is what I did...

I clicked on "Ctrl" and held it down while I started the application and by magic it opened and stayed open without even having to uncheck the "Add Photos" checkbox... In good conscience, I did it anyway just to make sure I was not pushing my luck!!!

Thank you again!!!