• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello People of earth.

I am trying to create a quotation calculator for ordering burgers. All works well until....the combo box.

I am trying to use a combo box to allow people to order more than 1 burger at once, and then display the price in a box as they change the options.

However, I am getting this error.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at BuldaBurgerCalculator_fla::MainTimeline/frame4()[BuldaBurgerCalculator_fla.MainTimeline::frame4:37]

at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay()

at BuldaBurgerCalculator_fla::MainTimeline/fnNxt1()[BuldaBurgerCalculator_fla.MainTimeline::frame3:16]

Send me your email so I can send the animation if you want (Please dont copy).
Would love if you guys/gals could help me because it is for school, and, really want to get an A .

Thankyou in advance

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to the error, your problem lies with whatever object your code is trying to target on line 37 of frame 4 of the main timeline

The 1009 error indicates that one of the objects being targeted by your code is out of scope.  This could mean that the object....

- is declared but not instantiated

- doesn't have an instance name (or the instance name is mispelled)

- does not exist in the frame where that code is trying to talk to it

- is animated into place but is not assigned instance names in every keyframe for it

- is one of two or more consecutive keyframes of the same objects with no name assigned in the preceding frame(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines