2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2006 10:54 PM by tenchyz

How do you embed an html file

tenchyz
      I created a sliced project that swamps images and has hyperlinks. I dont have dreamweaver, and i want to embed it on my myspace page. Here's the object im tryin to embed. " http://webpages.charter.net/tenchyz/POLAROID/Polaroid.htm". I know i can embed a swf. but if i do that, it runs through like this one. " http://webpages.charter.net/tenchyz/POLAROID/Polaroid.swf". How do i embed it to my page.
        • 1. Re: How do you embed an html file
          jhande
          What type of web pages are you creating, HTML , PHP or something else?
          Sounds to me you should start with the simple basic HTML pages to learn with first.
          What you created was an "image map" with javascript image swaping on mouse over.
          Take a basic HTML page, look at it in code view.
          Take the Polaroid.htm that you made and look at that in code view.
          What you want to do is "keep" the javascript in the head of the page. So copy and paste this code:

<script language="JavaScript">
          <!--
          function MM_findObj(n, d) { //v4.01
          var p,i,x; if(!d) d=document; if((p=n.indexOf("?"))>0&&parent.frames.length) {
          d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);}
          if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i<d.forms.length;i++) x=d.forms [n];
          for(i=0;!x&&d.layers&&i<d.layers.length;i++) x=MM_findObj(n,d.layers
          .document);
          if(!x && d.getElementById) x=d.getElementById(n); return x;
          }
          function MM_swapImage() { //v3.0
          var i,j=0,x,a=MM_swapImage.arguments; document.MM_sr=new Array; for(i=0;i<(a.length-2);i+=3)
          if ((x=MM_findObj(a ))!=null){document.MM_sr[j++]=x; if(!x.oSrc) x.oSrc=x.src; x.src=a[i+2];}
          }
          function MM_preloadImages() { //v3.0
          var d=document; if(d.images){ if(!d.MM_p) d.MM_p=new Array();
          var i,j=d.MM_p.length,a=MM_preloadImages.arguments; for(i=0; i<a.length; i++)
          if (a
          .indexOf("#")!=0){ d.MM_p[j]=new Image; d.MM_p[j++].src=a ;}}
          }

//-->
          </script>

Just above the
          </head> tag.

In the <body tag you will see onLoad="MM_preloadImages and a long line of text referencing graphic images. Copy and paste that also.

Now you copy and paste everything between the <table> </table> tags, as that is the actual image (image map), where you want it on your web page. But a word of caution! See all those coords="four sets of numbers"? Change the location of the image map on the page and those numbers need to be changed so the mouse roll-over effect will still function. You are actually better off just re-assigning the coordinates in Dreamweaver.

Nice photo frame by the way
          • 2. Re: How do you embed an html file
            tenchyz Level 1
            Myspace doesnt allow javascript( I was trying to embed the HTML "polariod" into my myspace page), i just realized that! BLAH!!! So i pretty much wasted my time. So now im trying to embed the swf version that just switches frames, but now the frames are going way to fast. Even when i switched to the 300 for each frame in fireworks. WHY IS IT DOING THAT?! and how can i slow it down to embed it,

By the way thanks for tryin to help!!