7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2015 9:46 AM by A.T. Romano

An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo

Rich_813 Level 1

I am trying a standard upload to Vimeo but the upload gets to 98% and I get the error message "An error has occurred transferring files."

Unfortunately the error message gives me no more information to troubleshoot with and I'm stuck.

BTW: I have ample upload capacity to Vimeo.  I have 5G available and this file, according to Premiere, is about 3.15G

Thanks for any help.

Rich

• 1. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Which version of the program are you using and on what operating system?

What is the playing time of your movie?

• 2. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
            Rich_813 Level 1

Version 14 on Windows 10 64bit

Video is 1 hr., 8 min.

• 3. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You won't be able to output a video from Premiere Elements to YouTube at that length -- at least not using the Export & Share/YouTube feature. YouTube and Premiere Elements restrict a video's length to about 10 minutes.

If you've got an upgraded YouTube account that allows you that upload a 70 minute video, you can output your movie from Premiere Elements using Export & Share/Devices/Computer at 1920x1080 as an MP4, and then load this output to YouTube using your browser's account.

• 4. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Rich

Are you able to export this particular Timeline (1 hour 8 min) to a file and then upload that file from your computer hard drive to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site?

I ask for the following reasons.

1. No where in the Premiere Elements 14 built in Online feature is seen a limits statement any more..never was for Facebook or Vimeo but there used to be one for YouTube. YouTube limits were 2.2 GB/15 minutes. If the YouTube user went over that, then the export to file route was used to upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site. But, at YouTube, the user had to apply for a special extended time account. That extended time account could never be used in the Premiere Elements built in feature, only the basic.

Now as this relates to Vimeo....the basic Vimeo account seems to be for 500 MB/week or 25 GB/year. You appear to have a special Vimeo account (Vimeo Plus) which has the limits of 5 GB/week or 250 GB/year. I am wondering if you are running into a situation where Premiere Elements is working off the Basic account and not the Vimeo Plus account.

For troubleshooting purposes, can you upload a few MB file to Vimeo with the Premiere Elements built in Vimeo feature? Under those same troubleshooting small size upload, can you use the YouTube and Facebook features there?

Still thing about that. Please consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Rich

The question is about upload to Vimeo, not YouTube - right? My response was geared with the Vimeo focus since that is what I read you were asking about.

ATR

• 6. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
                    Rich_813 Level 1

ATR, I do have Vimeo plus, which allows for 5G per week, so capacity is not a problem in this situation.

Your suggestion worked!  I was able to create and upload a smaller video (4 min., 27 sec., 167 MB) with no problems whatsoever.

Either VIMEO or Premiere Elements seems to have a cap on how big/long a file I can upload.  I wish that the software was smart enough to tell me what the problem/limit is.  I guess I'll just go with trial and error.

I will edit down my original 1 hr., 7 min. video to just under 1 hr and see if there is a 1 hr. time limit on PSE's end.  (I can upload a 5G file to VIMEO directly if I want to.)  However, in the future, I do want to be able to upload larger files from within Permiere Elements without having to do it manually.

Thanks for the help with this.

Rich

• 7. Re: An error has occurred transferring files when uploading to Vimeo
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Rich

Thanks for the reply and the important details of your results. It will be very helpful to all with these Premiere Elements 14 build in Export & Share Online choices which all now present without stated limits within the export area.

Great news, great job.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR