6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 1:33 PM by A.T. Romano

Versions 14 Premier Elements & Photoshop Cloud?

mytimbuk2 Level 1

I want to upgrade Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements 12 to version 14 before they move them to the cloud, but I want to make sure these versions are NOT cloud based.  It prompts me to log in to Creative Cloud before I purchase, why is this?  I was told I no longer needed an Adobe I.D.

Thanks

Tim

• 1. Re: Versions 14 Premier Elements & Photoshop Cloud?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No, they are not cloud based, but you do need to sign in. Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are not part of the Creative Cloud.

Creative Cloud also isn't really cloud based.  All files are local to your computer. You just need an internet connection every 90 days to sign in to Creative Cloud.

• 2. Re: Versions 14 Premier Elements & Photoshop Cloud?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Tim

As has been pointed out, Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements have never been  Creative Cloud applications.

Need to explore

It prompts me to log in to Creative Cloud before I purchase, why is this?  I was told I no longer needed an Adobe I.D.

If you are purchasing Premiere Elements Photoshop Elements 14 as an Adobe download, does it specially name logging into Creative Cloud? I do not recall the 14 tryout download mentioning Creative Cloud.

As for no longer needing an Adobe ID and password, each time you open Premiere Elements 10 and earlier, you do not need to sign in in spite of the photoshop.com pop ups which tempts you to do that. For 11 and higher, you will be asked for your Adobe ID and password for installation.

To gain access to Adobe products, I have always found that one had to have an Adobe ID and password or create one.

Any questions, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Versions 14 Premier Elements & Photoshop Cloud?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

mytimbuk2

All the Adobe purchase links are not working for me right now. I want to check out why that Creative Cloud sign in for which Peru Bob has supplied a screenshot. I will contact the Chat link there as soon as possible to find out. But, here is my guess for why that Creative Cloud option is showing up in a buy for Elements which is not a Creative Cloud application.

Adobe Revel is gone in Premiere Elements 14. I am wondering if this has something to do with Creative Cloud Photography Plan which I suspect Adobe is promoting in its place?

I will see what I can find out.

ATR

• 5. Re: Versions 14 Premier Elements & Photoshop Cloud?
                mytimbuk2 Level 1

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll go ahead and buy it since my Version 12 is now crashing and freezing up all the time. Used for over a year with no problems. I"ve researched it and tried a few things but so far nothing fixes it.  My timeline turns black during editing (It seems after I create a few other videos) then I know it's over..  eventually it locks up and I have to Ctrl Alt Delete it closed.  I've located and deleted 40 or 50 GB of old data which I didn't know was there, I'll see if that helps also.  :-)

• 6. Re: Versions 14 Premier Elements & Photoshop Cloud?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mytimbuk2

Thanks for the follow up. I have not gotten to check out that Creative Cloud option in the online ordering. Have you done anything on that yet?

Under the circumstances, please consider downloading and installing the free 30 days tryout of Premiere Elements 14 from Adobe before any purchase in order to determine the compatibility of the program with your computer environment and project goals. The use of the tryout does not obligate you to buy from Adobe.

What turns black on the Timeline while you are editing? Are you saying that the images in the Timeline clips are replaced with black video?

Where do you have the source media saved? What is the size of the project when this happens? Are you working from the 12.1 update of the program?

Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Lots more questions and answers if you are interested...about project presets, source media properties, types of edits, computer resources to start with.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR