• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I had to restore from a back up and Adobe Acrobat 8 will not restart. Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch at least one other suite component (such as Adobe Photoshop) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional.

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to restore from a back up and Adobe Acrobat 8 will not restart. Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch at least one other suite component (such as Adobe Photoshop) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please install the Adobe Application manager from the below link and launch it, after that launch Acrobat again and check:

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh

Or you can re-install Acrobat 8.0 from here: Download Acrobat products | 9, 8

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The application manager did not solve the problem. If I re-install acrobat what happens to my plugins?

Thank you,

Scott

Scott Convery

sconvery@pixelprint.net

Pixel Print

7 Old Dock Road

Yaphank, NY 11980

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to reinstall the plugins as well, this error is coming up because some times when you install an app through a back up the internal folders get corrupted in this scenario you'll have to install the app again.

Regards,

Bani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines