2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 2:09 PM by Donka

In app ad, and bloat?

Donka

Why do you need to totally spam my computer with crap just to use your software? I have no adobe program open what so ever, and I can find more than 5 processes in the background that is from Adobe.

Ok no biggie as most they use around 120mb of ram...

Then to the utility folder, where you put 3 folders, I can see why the uninstaller is there (not really?) but the other two?

Never seen any other of my apps needing to spread crap everywhere.

And last, Im ok with Creative cloud, actually I think its a nice way to update my software. But to make advertisement for your own stuff?!! That I already own? Seriously? It's ridiculous and it makes me want to use your software even less.

Or wait, there is a way around most of this, download it from pirate bay!

And then I don't have to look at ads in a payed app, I won't have a bunch of CC things running in the background doing nothing, because I use it for nothing.

Get your **** together Adobe! I don't now if you have to worst programmers in the world or the worst idiots at marketing, but something is wrong, just fix this in the next update. Or you have lost one paying costumer, or wait you have lost a bunch of paying customers because all photographers I know is so tired of this ****! The Adobe brand is in the bottom, so start working your way up.

• 1. Re: In app ad, and bloat?
          BobZ30 Level 2

I have five Adobe processes listed, none of which aren't using the CPU and 4.0 mb.  Not sure if I'd call that bloat and they obviously don't slow the machine down.  And I'm not sure what you mean by advertisements, could you elaborate?

• 2. Re: In app ad, and bloat?
            Donka Level 1

No, maybe I overreacted, and 100mb ram is nothing, but still. Adobe puts things in strange places and duplicates as well. I'll add some screenshots to show you what I mean.

I just don't understand they need to have 5 background process running all of the time.

The first one, ok I understand that all of adobes programs is complicated and might need things to work, but it is the way they do it. After installing two programs, I suddenly have folders everywhere!

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 22.45.49.png

Here is inside the installers folder, right uninstaller might come in handy some day.

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 22.47.46.png

But why put it in two places? Its not a issue just makes the impression of them adding stuff where ever they want.

Not even thinking about it.

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 22.47.52.png

Because my now native tab is suddenly stock, and no not a big problem at all, just disturbing!

I understand they want to show everybody their new software. But do they really need to do that thru the software on my computer? A bit intrusive in my point of view.

And to add, its not small either, it take up half of the screen on a 15"

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 22.46.58.png

So after I have switched tap to do the latest updates, adobe stock again. Seriously?

I know, I have seen the press release, and if I subscribed for their update-emails I probably would have gotten it there too.

It just feels unnecessary. And yes it's just a few clicks away and I don't intend to hang out in the CC app every day.

It would just be nice if they could do the finishing touches that made it feel perfect.

There is no other software I have used that behaves like adobe.

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 22.47.05.png