Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AVM2

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to find solution for processing of ActionScript3 bytecode.

Adobe Flash player is using AVM2 virtual machine to process it.

But I didn't find anything about AVM2 availability.

Is there option to get AVM2 for development under Adobe license of course?

Actually there are free and unsupported alternatives like to AVMPlus, Lightspark and Shumway.

However I'm looking for supported solution, hope someone will help me.

Best Regards,

Ze'ev

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't provide support or licensing for standalone instances of AMV2, and honestly, it's not something that we could feasibly support without adding dedicated headcount and expertise to the organization.  While I can put you in touch with Adobe's business development team, my experience over the last ~9 years has been that we don't really get interested in this kind of deal unless we're talking tens of millions, minimum.

A more feasible approach would probably be to take the open-source AVM2, but as you've noticed it's free and unsupported.  We still sync to Tamarin periodically, and it's effectively the AVM2 that's in Flash.  If you want to get creative, you might track down some of the old Tamarin maintainers to see if they would consult on your project.

Tamarin Project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines