3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 8:56 PM by danr11443321

Print Module Slow

AllynSar Level 1

When attempting to reposition or resize a print cell within a Custom Package of the Print Module, there are delays of up to 10 seconds after making a change before another can be made! I have tried turning off "Use Graphics Processor" and turning off my second monitor neither of which makes a difference. It is very hard to make changes to a Custom Package when the response is so poor. The computer is a late 2013 6-processor Mac Pro with a pair of AMD D500 graphics processors, 32 GB of memory, and solid state drives for the system and the images. OS 10.10.5 and up-to-date Lightroom CC (2015). Is anyone else experiencing this and, if so, has a workaround?

• 1. Re: Print Module Slow
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi AllynSar,

May I know the printer make and model?

Would you try resetting Lightroom preferences by holding the Cmd+option+ alt keys while launching Lightroom as well.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: Print Module Slow
            AllynSar Level 1

Sarika,

The printer is an Epson 4900. Now please explain how the printer is associated with manipulation of the Print Module's Custom Package.

I have reset the Lightroom preferences and the problem persists. One additional note: It does not matter whether or not an image is in the cell I am trying to modify. In both cases dragging a cell or changing its size via its handles causes delays. Initially the cell begins to move but soon stops even though the pointer is still in motion. Then it takes 5-10 seconds before any operation can be performed on the cell.

I wish I could tell you which version of either the OS or Lightroom first revealed the problem but I cannot. I am a long-term user of Lightroom and this is a relatively new problem. It just got really annoying today, causing me to ask if anyone else has noticed this effect.

Allyn

• 3. Re: Print Module Slow
              danr11443321

I have had this same problem now for some time on a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) with AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB.  Even when cropping in the develop module I get a similar slow and or jumpy experience.  This has been experienced across at least 4 updates of LR and even the latest CC version put out today.