- Go to Lightroom > Preferences.
- Click on the General tab
- Uncheck “Show ‘Add Photos’ Screen”Restart Lightroom
- Also please Go to the Preferences > Performance Tab, and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor "
- Restart Lightroom and see if it works.
It seems to be the same "not responding" response if I try this too. I only seem to have the option of making one selection every time I open the program.
- Please go to the Device Manager of Windows, from there expand Display Adapters.
- Disable the graphic card and then open Lightroom , go to the preferences of Lightroom , then the Performance tab and uncheck the option for " Use Graphics Processor " .
- Close Lightroom and go back to the Device Manager and enable the Display Adapter.
- Open Lightroom and then work in Lightroom and check if it works fine.
Hi. Sorry. I tried this and it then said it wouldn't open anything without the display driver being reinstalled/enabled (which I did) and, either way, it looks as though I am now unable to open either Lightroom version.
Try holding down your Shift-Alt key on startup and reset all your preferences back to their default setting. It fixed the application not shutting down correctly for me (V 6.2).
Adding to markl suggestion.Please backup(Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Back up a catalog) your catalog once before resetting Lightroom preferences.Refer Recover catalog and images after resetting preferences
Let us know if that helps