3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 7:35 AM by Steve Grisetti

The audio of imported clips ends before the video

miker15340976

When I import the video clip (m4v) into Premier Elements 12 for Mac (or Premier Elements 10 for that matter), the audio section of the clip ends abruptly but the video continues until the end of the clip. I have viewed the video clip in QuickTime and both the audio and video are fine. What I mentioned is also true if I tried it on my MacBook Air. I tried to trim the clip in QuickTime so just the last part of the clip remains and when I import that file into Premier, that clip also has the last bit of audio missing!

I am using an iMac 27 (mid 2011) with 10 Gig RAM and lots of HDD space. I am running Yosemite which is up to date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

• 1. Re: The audio of imported clips ends before the video
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is this video clip from and what resolution is it? How did you get it from the camcorder to your computer?

Go to Premiere Elements' Edit menu and check the Project Settings/General. Do they match the resolution and frame rate of your video?

If this is not camcorder video -- and especially if this is a commercial video purchased from iTunes -- there are other considerations.

You may want to open the file in Media Info (a free download) and report the resolution, frame rate and especially the audio and video codecs that are listed.

• 2. Re: The audio of imported clips ends before the video
            miker15340976 Level 1

Thank you for your reply, Steve. I have a JVC AVCHDSD card video camera. I used both Photo (Mac) for the first project that had the missing last bit of audio and then I used a PC to unload the videos from the card. I figured there was some kind of a glitch with Premier for the first video. I found out that was not the case.

To answer your questions, I did match the resolution of the project to that of the original video (1280x720). I also tried a number of different project styles with the same resolution, all with the same problem.

So, in the mean time, I downloaded a trial version of Premier Elements 14 and voila, no sound missing from the clips!

The newest version of the software had whatever fix or compatibility resolution I needed in it. I purchased the new version, installed it and all works well.

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: The audio of imported clips ends before the video
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Glad you found a solution, miker!

Please mark this question as answered. Thanks!