7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 10:37 AM by Victoria Bampton LR Queen

IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.

papyrazzi

My problems concern Lightroom, but also CC.

I allready published the problems in the forum CC, here : Impossible to contact ADOBE support, and I have 4 different problems and need them. HOW TO ???

But if anybody of this forum can and agree to answer me... God bless him !

• 1. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi papyrazzi

Greetings.

• You have already been sent a private message please check it.
          • However could you let us know what is the issue that you have with LR.

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.
            papyrazzi Level 1

@rpandita : many thanks for your interest.

I Have answered to Sheena Kauls and will close the subject on the CC-forum.

Concerning LIGHTROOM, I encounter some problems :

"After working" on a photograph, when I select another picture to work on it, Lr-6 blocks and displays 3 white areas.
            To fix the problem, I have to "shut down" Lr-6 with normal results that a new window opens announcing "This program doesn't more answer. Close or wait on answering ?"

Any possibility is to close the program.

But, that does absolutely not fix the problem either. I get it back as quickly as I have worked on a new picture and select another one after that.

And so on. (see pictures below)

I have never had problems with Lightroom 1 to 6 till now. Nothing was changed in my computer. Have rebooted a lot. Nothing fix the problem.

My version is a full paied one; not a CC.
            But, at the installing, the Creative Cloud application was also "automatically" installed (have read that Lr 6.0 could not be installed without CC).

All worked, and via CC, Lr-6.0 was automatically updated to Lr-6.1. No problem then.

But now... !
            Well... considering my "new" problems with Lr, I have controlled if there was a new update via "Menu\Help\Update".

This launched CC which anounced that there was effectively an "Update available" (picture below).
            Given that I do not know whether or not CC is required to operate Lr-6, I clicked on "Install now", as proposed.
            But the intallation fails constantly ! (picture below)

Now... how to fix the problems I encounter in Lr-6 ?

Hardware and bios : Win7-64 Premium - 8Gb Ram - CPU Intel 4-core 1,8Ghz - Screencard : AMD 7700 class.

Lr6.1 problem 1.JPG

Lr-6.1 problem2.jpg

Updating process 1.JPG

Creative Cloud problem.jpg

• 3. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.
              Victoria Bampton LR Queen Adobe Community Professional & MVP

papyrazzi wrote:

Hardware and bios : Win7-64 Premium - 8Gb Ram - CPU Intel 4-core 1,8Ghz - Screencard : AMD 7700 class.

Are you running the latest AMD beta driver?  If not, that's the first port of call, as it fixes some bugs that affect LR AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Driver for Windows

• 4. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.
                papyrazzi Level 1

Damned ! I forgot that !

Indeed, AMD has updated my driver on 24/09/2015 (I don't understand anything in the gestion of the drives)

Hereunder the installation report (translation fm french to english) :

Installation Manager of CatalystTM

Intallation report

09/24/15 23:45:12

Informations on hardware

Name AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Peripheral ID 0x683f

Manufacturer ID 0x1002

Class code 0x030000

Revision ID 0x00

Subsystem ID 0x2012

Provider subsystem ID 0x1787

Existing Packages

AMD Installation Manager of Catalyst

AMD APP SDK Runtime

Display driver AMD

Audio driver HDMI

AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding

Transcoding of drag & drop AMD

AMD Media Foundation Transcoders

AMD Catalyst Control Center

Packages to instal

AMD Installation Manager of Catalyst

Final state : Success

Version of the item: 8.0.916.0

Size: 20 Mb

Display driver AMD

Version of the item: 15.200.1062.1004

Size: 90 Mb

Audio driver HDMI

Version of the item: 7.12.0.7722

Size: 1 Mb

AMD Catalyst Control Center

Version of the item: 2015.0804.21.41908

Size: 150 Mb

• 5. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.

papyrazzi wrote:

Damned ! I forgot that !

Indeed, AMD has updated my driver on 24/09/2015 (I don't understand anything in the gestion of the drives)

Version of the item: 15.200.1062.1004

I'm not sure that's the latest - the beta driver page linked above notes a driver number 15.201.1151

• 6. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.
                    papyrazzi Level 1

Yes, I have seen that. The Beta 15.201.1151 dated 30 september 2015 (6 days after Installation done by the AMD Catalist center.

I downloaded then this Beta version, but :

1. AMD write that I have first to deinstall all AMD items before intalling this latest one (not sure I can do that ! I am allways afraid with installing of drives : can block the computer !)
                    2. Have tried via AMD Catalyst center and it answers me that there is no update above the one installed on september 24th !

Thought to contact AMD, but once more : no possibility to contact them : forums only !

What now ?

• 7. Re: IMPOSSIBLE to contact ADOBE; but I have 4 problems and need to contact them.

papyrazzi wrote:

What now ?

Wait until they release it as a final release rather than a beta?  They specifically listed a fix for Lightroom in their 15.8 beta release (driver 15.201.1151) so it's the most likely suspect right now.