• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context-sensitive WebHelp topic calls not working in Firefox

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our web portal uses map IDs to open context-sensitive help topics. After being upgraded to Firefox version 41.0.1, I noticed the help links in the web portal no longer open the appropriate help topic. Instead, the links now open the default topic.

I tested the same help links in our web portal using Google Chrome and a few different versions of Internet Explorer, and the links open the correct help topic in those browsers.

Has anyone encountered this problem with Firefox? I'm using RoboHelp 2015 and outputting to WebHelp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve never been able to get any other browser by IE to be launched when my CSH WebHelp is called from our app; but I was concerned that FF had tightened up their security again, so I just updated to 41.0.1 and tested that the full help still works – and it does (phew).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue after being upgraded to Firefox 41.0.1. Our web portal also uses map ids to open the context-sensitive help. It no longer opens the appropriate topic and instead opens the default topic. I have tried other browsers, such as Chrome and Internet Explorer and they work fine.

Any resolution to this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem.

Firefox 39 is ok, Firefox 41 not.

We are working with RH 11 and Map IDs.

When you try to open the online help contex sensitive the start page opens, not the linked page.

Most of our users working with FF. So a solution is very important for us. Who can help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Good news coming..

We have released the fix at Context-sensitive WebHelp topic calls not working in Firefox

Give it a try and let us know.

Edit: Fix is applicable for both RoboHelp 2015 and RoboHelp 11.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've loaded your fix and have done some initial testing..so far, everything looks great! I will continue to test and let you know if I run into any other problems. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix works nearly good for us.

There is one open issue concerning another fix (self-made) for Edge display problems.

(see RoboHelp 10: WebHelp Blank Page in Microsoft Edge and Re: Does your WebHelp work well in Microsoft Edge?)

When I run a context sensitive Webhelp including the FF fix, the Toc area is empty in Edge .

Without the fix (only with the edge fix) Toc is visible...

So, it would be great, if there would be a fix including both problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I implemented the fix, but it didn't resolve my problem. In fact, the fix introduced new issues in Internet Explorer and Chrome. I'm suspicious about how our web portal calls help topics. Am I making a relatively safe assumption that this fix would more likely work if our web portal were using the CSH API (in our case, JavaScript) than if our web portal were using some home-grown method to call help topics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What issues are you facing in IE and Chrome?

Even if you are using your custom API to call CSH Help, it should work after applying the fix.

But if this fix is breaking your IE and chrome workflow also, can you please share your custom API and the way you are calling the help?

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two different types of topics: page-level and field-level.

• Page-level topics open via an option in the menu at the top of our web portal. When a page-level topic opens, it displays alongside the TOC/Index/Search pane.
  • Field-level topics open via a question mark next to a field on a give web page. When a field-level topic opens, only the topic displays--the TOC/Index/Search pane does not display.

The issues I see in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome after implementing the fix only affect field-level topics.

• Internet Explorer - The field-level topic opens normally; however when you close the field-level topic window, a blank browser window opens.
  • Google Chrome - The field-level topic does not open. The topic window opens briefly, but only for a second before it disappears.

I'm working on getting the code our web portal uses to call both page-level and field-level topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the code our web portal uses to open page-level help topics and field-level help topics.

Page-level Help Topics

define(function (require) {
  "use strict";

require('angular');
  var navigationModule = require('navigation/js/navigation/navigation-module');

navigationModule.service('helpService', function ($sce, $interval, eventService) {
    this.popUp = null;

this.getWindowHelpMapId = function (helpURI) {
      if (helpURI) {
        return helpURI;
      }
      return window.top.windowhelpmapid;
    };

this.getHelpUri = function (helpLinkInfo) {
      if(helpLinkInfo === null || helpLinkInfo === undefined) {
        return null;
      } else if (!isNaN(parseFloat(helpLinkInfo))) {
        helpLinkInfo = this._getHelpMapIdUri(helpLinkInfo);
      } else if (typeof helpLinkInfo === "string") {
        helpLinkInfo = this._getExplicitUri(helpLinkInfo);
      }
      return (helpLinkInfo.domain + helpLinkInfo.path + helpLinkInfo.file + helpLinkInfo.parameters);
    };

this._getHelpMapIdUri = function (windowHelpMapId) {
      var uri = {
        domain: eventService._getDomain(window),
        path: "/availity/AvHelp/",
        file: "whcsh_home.htm#",
        parameters: "id=" + windowHelpMapId + ">>wnd=MainTopic"
      };
      return uri;
    };

this._getExplicitUri = function (path) {
      var uri = {
        domain: eventService._getDomain(window),
        path: path,
        file: "",
        parameters: ""
      };
      return uri;
    };

this.openPopUp = function(uri) {
      var self = this;
      if(uri) {
        self.popUp = $sce.trustAsResourceUrl(uri);
        $interval(function () {
          self.popUp = null;
        }, 1000, 1);
      }
    };

});

return navigationModule;
});

Field-level Help Topics

We are in the process of redesigning the pages in our web portal. The redesign includes changing our development platform from Apache Wicket to AngularJS, As such, we have two sets of code for opening field-level help topics: one set of code for field-level topics opened from pages developed using Apache Wicket, and one set of code for field-level topics opened from pages developed using AngularJS.

AngularJS

function RH_ShowHelp(hParent, a_pszHelpFile, uCommand, dwData)

{

// this function only support WebHelp

var strHelpPath = a_pszHelpFile;

var strWnd = "";

var nPos = a_pszHelpFile.indexOf(">");

if (nPos != -1)

{

strHelpPath = a_pszHelpFile.substring(0, nPos);

strWnd = a_pszHelpFile.substring(nPos+1);

}

if (isServerBased(strHelpPath))

RH_ShowWebHelp_Server(hParent, strHelpPath, strWnd, uCommand, dwData);

else

RH_ShowWebHelp(hParent, strHelpPath, strWnd, uCommand, dwData);

}

Apache Wicket

public static String getHelpLink(int helpCode, String helpPagePath, String displayType, String linkText) {
  StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
  buf.append("<a tabindex='-1' onclick=\"RH_ShowHelp(0,'/availity/");
  buf.append(helpPagePath);
  buf.append(">");
  buf.append(displayType);
  buf.append("', HH_HELP_CONTEXT, ");
  buf.append(helpCode);
  buf.append(");return false;\" href=\"#ShowHelp\">");
  buf.append(linkText);
  buf.append("</a>");
  return buf.toString();
}

<%=HtmlUtil.getHelpLink(49, HtmlUtil.HELP_DEFAULT_PATH, HtmlUtil.HELP_DISPLAY_POPUP, "Availity Client Services")%>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following update in your application:

parameters: "id=" + windowHelpMapId + ">>wnd=MainTopic"

Change it to:

parameters: "id=" + windowHelpMapId + ">>wnd=MainTopic>>newwnd=false"

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Willam,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try that code change to see if it solves the problem for my page-level topics. The code that calls the field-level topics is different than the code that calls the page-level topics. Do you have any suggestions on how I might tweak the code for the field-level topics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Responsive HTML5 handle context-sensitive help topics (map IDs) differently than WebHelp?

We're planning to move our web portal's help system from WebHelp to Responsive HTML5. I published our help system in Responsive HTML5 format to a test server, and none of the context-sensitive topics open (whereas they had previously opened on the test server when they were in WebHelp format).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responsive HTML5 works different with context sensitive help. You can still open topics directly, or you have to use a different call. By modifying the two functions, you can get it working again. For the full syntax, see; http://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/context-sensitivity-responsive-and-multiscreen-html5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2015 Nov 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Willam,

I started to suspect that the code we use in our web portal to call help topics only works for WebHelp.

I found the information about context sensitivity in RHTML5 on your website yesterday and I tried it out last night. It worked great, although I need to tweak it for field-level topics. For field-level topics, we only display the topic content without the left panel that houses the TOC, index, and search results. When I tried calling a field-level topic using the examples on your website, the window displayed both the topic content for the field and the left panel. For the field-level topic call, I tried using the rhwnd parameter with the field-level topic window that had been created in the project, but that gave me the same results. I'm going to try creating a new window in the project.

That leads me to my next, and hopefully last, questions. When I create a new window, RoboHelp asks me to select an output type, Responsive HTML5 or WebHelp. Regardless of the output I select, the Windows Properties dialog box for both output types is the same. Because the dialog box is the same, does RoboHelp differentiate between a WebHelp window and an HTML5 window behind the scenes?

Thanks,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp