0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 10:39 AM by cbgolden14

Can I merge multiple rows of excel file into one page in InDesign file? How do I tell the file which rows to select and which ones not to?

cbgolden14

I have an excel document that I need to create a data merge file for in InDesign. It is about which dealers did which advertising tactics. As some dealers have only one tactic, they'll only have one row in the excel file. Others have more than that, 7 excel rows for example. Is there a way for me to tell InDesign which rows in the excel file all should flow into the same page or will I need to put them all one one row of the excel file with different headers?

Below is an example of the different dealers, if my explanation above was not terribly clear. There are many more columns of information, but just wanted to see if there is a way to tell InDesign which row to point to. Basically, it should only say the dealer name once in the merged document, but it should pull the other information (such as total $ spend and which tactic spent on, for example) from all of the rows that have the same dealer name.

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 10.33.58 AM.png

Sorry if that is not terribly clear, but if someone could help me, that would be great.

Thank you.