17 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 3:52 PM by Bob Somrak

Dehaze

pkilmister

I use Windows 10, and have an old fully-licensed copy Photoshop, and had a fully-licensed copy of Lightroom 5.

About 6 or 7 weeks ago I installed a fully-licensed copy of Lightroom 6.1 hoping that the upgrade would bring some benefits.

No benefits so far. Then I heard that LR 6.1 had the dehaze function. It doesn't. Oh no, that means installing LR CC at a cost of nearly 9 GBP per month.

What else would LR CC give me? Well, it would give me PS and LR (which I already have) and dehaze.

So 9 GBP per month on top of what I have already paid for Adobe products just to get one extra feature! Will I pay for it? I'd rather full my toenails out with pliers so I don't think so. Most S/W developers would reward loyalty and provide a plug-in update.

The question is, should I ever buy anything with Adobe's name on it ever again?

Annoyed of Airstrip One

• 1. Re: Dehaze
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dehaze and future new features are only available via Creative Cloud, however LR6.1 has benefits not available in LR5 such as HDR and Pano features.

Basically there are different pricing models; so it's a matter of personal choice.

• 2. Re: Dehaze
            pkilmister Level 1

OK, HDR might be useful at some stage. Pano of no use to me.

Yes, it is down to personal choice but as a pensioner on a fixed income I find it an insult to have Adobe fail to respect me.

• 3. Re: Dehaze
              leitz1

I have CC and the new LR upgrade to 2015.2

Does anyone know what happened to the haze slider? That was a great feature!

Peter

• 4. Re: Dehaze
                99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Peter check you are not selecting images with old Develop settings. Under Calibration tab you need to be using the current Process version for Dehaze to function. If using an earlier PV, update the image or update all filmstrip items.

You should now be able to apply Dehaze locally (previously only globally) by using the radial filter, graduated filter etc.

• 5. Re: Dehaze
                  MikeMcW Level 1

It is still there in the Effects panel and has also been added as a preset so it can be applied via the Brush Tool or filters selectivity.

MIke

• 6. Re: Dehaze
                    Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional
                    No benefits so far. Then I heard that LR 6.1 had the dehaze function. It doesn't.

You can download presets for LR 6 that will give you Dehaze from here: (and they are free)

Prolost Dehaze — Prolost Store

• 7. Re: Dehaze
                      pkilmister Level 1

Thank you for your reply. Under the calibration tab it says "2012 Current" which of course is nonsense because I only installed it 7 weeks ago. There is no way that I can see to update the image or filmstrip items. Well, the option is there but 2102 is the latest version available.

• 8. Re: Dehaze
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Are you sure you're not using an older version? I have upgraded to Lightroom CC 2015.2, and everything is there. The only problem I've encountered is that the slideshow won't work. I don't use the slideshow that often anyway, so it's not a big deal.

• 9. Re: Dehaze
                          leitz1 Level 1

Thanks everyone for all your help! I found it (thanks to Mike) in the effects area (but for some strange reason I missed it when I checked earlier).

• 10. Re: Dehaze
                            pkilmister Level 1

LR says it is 6.1.1 so I believe that is the latest version. Camera Calibration (the only calibration I could find) is 2012. I have the latest firmware on my camera.

• 11. Re: Dehaze

There is some confusion in this thread, since99jon

was replying to another poster.

6.1.1 is not the latest version but I strongly advise you not to update - 6.2 is very buggy.

For a solution to your Dehaze question, see my post #6.

• 12. Re: Dehaze
                                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you are using Lightroom 6 (not the creative cloud version) then you don't have the dehaze filter.

• 13. Re: Dehaze
                                  pkilmister Level 1

Thank you for trying to help. I have 6.1.1 not 6.2 so I fear your offered solution won't work. Peter

• 14. Re: Dehaze

I see now that the new version requires 6.2.

If you contact Stu Maschwitz here Contact — Prolost , he might give you access to the previous version, that will work with 6.1.1.

• 15. Re: Dehaze
                                      pkilmister Level 1

I appreciate your efforts, Per.

This whole thing is making me struggle ... and I've worked with computers since 1967. Win 10 isn't helping, Adobe are a pain, etc.

There is nothing wrong with a free trial for a few days and then I'll happily pay for a plug in if it works well. Why on earth Adobe want to squeeze my bollocks is beyond me?

• 16. Re: Dehaze
                                        pkilmister Level 1

Thank you. Stu helped out and said that Prolost would be OK for 6.1.1. I followed the directions and managed to get it to work partially. More help needed from Stu I think. Not easy to sort out ... yet.  We'll see.

At least he is trying to help which is more than Adobe has done.

• 17. Re: Dehaze
                                          Bob Somrak Level 5

The Dehaze local adjustment brush in Lr2015.2 is a LOT more useful than the Dehaze slider in 2015.1.1.   Unfortunately I went back to Lr2015.1.1 because .2 has more bugs than the Amazon jungle.