1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 3:43 PM by A.T. Romano

I've just tried re-installing my copy of Premiere Elements 12, and it won't even run from the dvd....

Cougar12dk

Hi guys,

I sure hope someone can help me here, because I've just tried re-installing Premiere Elements 12 from the dvd, but it won't run. Gives me a pop-up about not being able to find the install path to even start the installation (Error 1324. Invalid Path Location: The Path you have chosen contains an invalid character, Please choose another path.)

Is there a way to get around this? I figured I'd try and add it the Adobe Cloud app, but I've been told by a supporter, that only versions 13+14 are supported by the cloud.

I suppose I could find an installer somewhere on the net, and insert my own serial into the registration, even though I'd much rather that I could use my own discs to install from, so I don't run the risc of contracting all sorts of malware and other crap.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks,

Steen Skov

• 1. Re: I've just tried re-installing my copy of Premiere Elements 12, and it won't even run from the dvd....
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Steen Skov

Premiere Elements is not a Creative Cloud application. Never was.

There should be no problem getting essentially safe replacement installation files

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/other-downloads.edu.html

and inserting your purchased serial number in them during installation.

Have you tried for

Uninstall

Free ccleaner run through (regular part and registry part) CCleaner - Download

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled?

You could even explore copying the Premiere Elements 12 installation disc to a folder on your hard drive and then trying to install the program from the setup.exe file there.

But, I suspect the error 1324 goes to Windows configuration problem.

When was the last time that you installed 12 without problem? Depending on the answer to that, is System Restore a viable troubleshooting choice?

Lots of 1324 Repair Tools online...not sure which are the safe ones and which are not.

Please review, consider, and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR