18 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2006 7:38 AM by kglad

Flash buttons not targetging properly

iTinette Level 1
      Problem: I have an HTML page ("moving") with two frames, "puls" and "qui".
      In "puls" I have my buttons in swf. "qui" is my target frame.

When I attach to one of my buttons:
      on (release) {
      getURL("CosOff.html","_qui");
      }

the clicked button opens the link in a brand new page, instead of opening in the targeted frame.

I tried to change the code with a target like "qui" instead of "_qui", but nothing better happens.

Any suggestion? Am I using the wrong action?
        • 1. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          what's Cosoff.html have to do with moving.html? are your two frames html-frames or frame labels in one swf?
          • 2. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
            angroni
            Hello...
            I also have tried to search for answer for this one..

CosOff.html is the page to be loaded in the "qui" frame, i supposed. (same problem with mine)
            And moving.html is a page that contained 2 frames: "puls" and "qui"
            (the intention is to call CosOff.html to be loaded in the "qui" frame of moving.html when the button clicked)

If i may add another problem:
            How to show/hide layer of Dreamweaver by scripting in Flash-Button?
            (so in flash, i make a button... then my intention is to make a script that IF i roll-over at that button a pre-hidden layer in DW will be shown... of course i need to put that flash-button in the html page)
            Is it posible to do this??

Thank you so much.
            • 3. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
              i don't know about layers in dreamweaver. i know you can't control a flash layer with actionscript.

and if "qui" is a html-frame name then itinette should use:

• 4. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                angroni Level 1
                glad you reply, kglad.

i also have tried
                quote:

getURL("CosOff.html","qui");

the same like what iTinette did... but its not open on the qui frame but instead its open another new window for that "CossOff.html"...
                any thought?? very confused here...

thanks
                • 5. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                  show your html frameset code.
                  • 6. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                    iTinette Level 1
                    Here is my html code. I guess it's better to say that I work on a macintosh with OSX.
                    I experienced flash player for mac bugs with a preloader a couple of months ago.
                    Other users told me that the mac player had some things to be fixed. I wonder if this is another one.
                    This is the body code of my two-frame page, moving.html

<frameset rows="340,210" frameborder="no">
                    <frame id="qui" name="qui" src="CosOff.html" noresize scrolling="no">
                    <frame id="puls" name="puls" src="pulsan.html" noresize scrolling="no">
                    <noframes>

Hope this will help…
                    • 7. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                      you have more code after that closing your noframes and frameset, correct?
                      • 8. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                        iTinette Level 1
                        the whoe code oh the page is:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN">
                        <html>
                        <head>
                        <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1">
                        <meta name="description" content="G.A.D. produzione articoli da forno a marchio della committente e proprio. Sede in Torino.">
                        <meta name="keywords" content="produzione prodotti da forno, prodotti da forno per GDO, fornitura prodotti da forno grande distribuzione, forniture prodotti da forno catering, forniture prodotti da forno comunità, forniture prodotti da forno alberghi, produzione prodotti da forno Torino">
                        <title>GAD &#x2022; prodotti da forno</title>
                        <link href="../../StyleSheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all">
                        <style type="text/css" media="screen"><!----></style>
                        </head>
                        <noframes>
                        <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
                        </body>
                        </noframes>
                        </frameset>
                        </html>

Hope this will help…
                        • 9. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                          that should be:

<noframes>
                          </noframes>
                          </frameset>
                          <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
                          </body>

but i don't think that's causing your problem. because CosOff.html is already in qui, how do you know the getURL("CosOff.html","qui") is NOT working?
                          • 10. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                            angroni Level 1
                            Hi...
                            I did some browsing through the web all day long and found the same answer, which is:
                            quote:

getURL("fileName","frameName")

but to my confusion, it wont work. :-S
                            I write this in my button (in Flash)...
                            quote:

on(release){
                            getURL("title.html", "mainFrame");
                            }

then i put my button at the "leftFrame" of a web page which is also have "mainFrame"
                            When i test it, clicked the button... --> title.html opened in a new window.. (not in the targetted frame)

:(
                            • 11. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                              angroni, post your html-code.
                              • 12. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                angroni Level 1
                                i think its the same like iTinette's...

quote:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" " http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
                                <html xmlns=" http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
                                <head>
                                <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
                                <title>Test</title>
                                </head>

<frameset cols="80,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
                                <frame src="nav1.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="leftFrame" />
                                <frame src="intro.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
                                </frameset>
                                <noframes><body>
                                </body>
                                </noframes></html>

On Flash, i've made a button.
                                then i wrote:
                                quote:

on(release){
                                getURL("title.html", "mainFrame");
                                }

to change the intro.html in the "mainFrame" to title.html by clicking the button.
                                (button i put at the "leftFrame" )

What happen is: a new window pop up and display the title.html
                                (what i want is the title.html change the intro.html in the "mainFrame" )
                                :-S

sorry to be this annoying..i am so confused and dunno what did i do wrong..
                                Thank you.
                                • 13. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                  angroni Level 1
                                  Hi,
                                  something more weird happened..

instead of a button, now i linked TEXT to open the title.html at the "mainFrame" (set the url and target from the properties panel.. not write any script).
                                  then the flash-text i put at the "leftFrame"... when i tested it, it ALSO open a new window to display the title.html...

anyone can help me explain where did i do wrong?
                                  :-?
                                  • 14. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                    there's nothing wrong with either of your coding. post a link to your fla and specifiy the location of your getURL() function.
                                    • 15. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                      iTinette Level 1
                                      dear kglad, I had not solved the problem. You can find the whole files (html, css, swf and fla) a the link below. Thank you very much for your kind help. Tha button that is not working is in the button.fla file and is the first one (the one with the cherry on top).

In http://www.briefingadv.it/demo/ You'll find the home page.

Tinette
                                      • 16. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                        i didn't find a source files there. i didn't even find a swf there.
                                        • 17. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                          iTinette Level 1
                                          Dear Kglad, I found the most strange thing: The movie I've made doesn't work on my computer, but it works when uploaded on the server. Plus it works on other's people computers, no matter the system they use…
                                          A Flash dev suggested me that the key could be one of the two options "work just on remote net" or "work on locale net" you can set when exporting the movi itself.
                                          (I hope that translation is ok: I work on a Italian version of Flash 8.)
                                          I upgraded flash and the player, and checked the link given to the button.
                                          My code works with:

on (release) {
                                          getURL("CosOff.html","qui");
                                          }

Not with "_qui"
                                          So I hope I've solved the whole… till next time I guess.

Thank you very much for your help and time.
                                          • 18. Re: Flash buttons not targetging properly
                                            you're welcome.