2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 8:52 AM by angelol2291639

Lightroom 6: problem whith move file or folder in esternal hd.

angelol2291639

Hello, I purchase lr 6 from 15gg and has worked well but i have one problem.

The catalog is to C while the images are in the external HD. When I want to move a file into a folder, or move the folder to an external HD I get this message:
      Unable to move the file to the selected destination.

If I move files or folders from C (internal hd) to Esternal hd, I have no problem.

I also have problems when I want to rename a picture: impossible rename!

Why?

laptop whith W 8.1, 8 Gb ram, SSD 180Gb.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6: problem whith move file or folder in esternal hd.
          dj_paige Level 9

The catalog is to C while the images are in the external HD. When I want to move a file into a folder, or move the folder to an external HD I get this message:
          Unable to move the file to the selected destination.

If I move files or folders from C (internal hd) to Esternal hd, I have no problem.

What you are describing in these two paragraphs sounds the same to me, but you say one works and one doesn't. I am confused.

Nevertheless, the error message "Unable to move the file to the selected destination" means you do not have the proper permissions in your operating system to perform this move. Both the original folder and the destination where the files are to be moved into must have READ & WRITE permission. So you need to change your permissions on these two folders.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6: problem whith move file or folder in esternal hd.
            angelol2291639 Level 1

You are right. pardon for my poor english but in a hurry I did two opposing questions.

however I solved it: I did not have permissions as an administrator.

Now that I have the permits, lightroom works very well.

Thank you very much