3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2006 3:15 PM by ntsiii

Showing popups and redirecting to different mxml......

surya_yugandhar
      Hi

help me in getting a pop-up window on click event of button in a mxml page.
      How can we navigate from one page to another page and at the same accessing the data across pages..
        • 1. Re: Showing popups and redirecting to different mxml......
          ntsiii Level 3
          You may be thinking in the old HTML page-based world, and not in the Flex RIA paradigm.

In a Flex app we rarely, if ever call another mxml page using an url. The entire Flex app lives in the Flash Player instance in the browser, and stays active in memory at all times. If we start another Browser, it is a new Flash Player and we do no have direct access to the data in the previous player instance.

There are ways to get around this, and there are ways to load another mxml app in a new browser, but tell us what you want to do first, so we can be sure it is the best approach.

Tracy
          • 2. Re: Showing popups and redirecting to different mxml......
            surya_yugandhar Level 1
            Thanks for the reply..here is My Simple task
            I have a login page.Logged in user can have multiple roles.Based on input values (loginid n pwd) I will fetch list of roles and wanted to show them in a pop up containing radio buttons .Each radio button associated with one role type as I wanted the user to login in with one role at an instance .Based on the role type the user selected I can take the user to different page.

• 3. Re: Showing popups and redirecting to different mxml......
              ntsiii Level 3
              Ok, you do NOT want to naviagate to a different url / application to do this. You will do it all within the same application. Flex(ria) development is very different than html development. It will take you some time to get comfortable with it. RIA development is like stand-alone windows program development, like you would do with C++ or Visual Basic or Delphi.

Here is a simple example of a login page . It uses a viewstack instead of using a pop-up but the theory is the same. Take a look and then post back with any questions.

http://www.cflex.net/showfiledetails.cfm?ChannelID=1&Object=File&objectID=556

Tracy