5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 9:11 PM by A.T. Romano

Manual bit rate for Blue Ray Disc by Elements 14

DVi

Hi. I have adobe premiere elements 14 buyed and installed and i have the same problem wenn i make Blue Ray Disc: eith 1:40H on disc als film material, the disc is not full. Only 17Gb from disc is used. How can i inctreaste the bitrate more  than 24Mbps? By Elements 13 is the same problem !!!

• 1. Re: Manual bit rate for Blue Ray Disc by Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

DVi

Premiere Elements Blu-ray burn tos are presets which do not allow for bitrate customization by the user.

This applies to your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray and Premiere Elements 14 Export & Share/Disc/Blu-ray and others.

Please review, consider, and supply more information. Right now I am not seeing the issue with Space Required 17 GB on a BD-R or BD-RE spec'ed for 25 GB (in reality that 25 GB is about 23 GB) with no check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space".

ATR

• 2. Re: Manual bit rate for Blue Ray Disc by Elements 14
            DVi Level 1

Hi ATR,

Thank you for the answer. Now I use Premiere element 14 to make a a video file and after that i use Premiere elements 7 to encode this video file in a Blue Ray Disc ( MPEG 2 FULL HD format ). Can we have an update with this feature ( bitrate customization by the user ) ? I like Premiere elements but for me that is a issue and i work to mach to have a good quality and to use entire BD disc.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Daniel V.

• 3. Re: Manual bit rate for Blue Ray Disc by Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel V.

Thanks for the reply.

Especially if you are used to working with a version of Premiere Elements earlier than 14, it takes some consideration in finding the settings in 14 that you used in the earlier version. Please let us know if we can help you with that.

But, as for the burn to products, they are essentially presets without user customization opportunities.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Manual bit rate for Blue Ray Disc by Elements 14
                DVi Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for the reply.

I know many people who in the past have used Premiere Elements. Now they were stopping its use those as the latest versions not completely fill the Blue Ray disc.
                This small community of users that I know Premiere Elements seeks to maintain a higher quality picture on Blue Ray Disc. They are not satisfied with a bit rate of 24 Mbps for Blue Ray disc in Full HD format.
                We compared the older versions of Adobe Premiere Elements and the best quality image in Adobe Premiere Elements we obtain 7. Adobe Premiere Elements 7 allows the user to choose between AVCHD and MPEG 2 Blue Ray disc and uses full disk surface from writing . Adobe Premiere Elements 14 for Blue Ray Disc AVCHD uses only a maximum bit rate of 24 Mbps and completely fill the area not Blue Ray disc writing.
                In my opinion Adobe Premiere Elements 14 would be more effective if it allows a higher bit rate of 24 Mbps on Blue Ray Disc and use the entire surface of the disk write as Adobe Premiere Elements 7.
                I am a user of Adobe Premiere Elements more than 7 years we tested and each bought Adobe Premiere Elements version (7, 8, .... up to 14). I love all the improvements made to version 14 but I do not like the way he kept the Blue Ray Disc encoding as version 13 where as not using the entire surface of the disc Blue Ray writing. The last test was made by me so:
                I used 1:40 hours of video in Adobe Premiere Elements 14 and made Blue Ray image. Adobe Premiere Elements 14 used disk space displayed as 1hr 40 min to be 22 Gb and  finally only 17 Gb is  used from BD disc, so was much higher compression and bit rate used much less than 24 Mbps.
                I did the same test with Adobe Premiere Elements 7 (Blue Ray disc I put the same Video 1 hour 40 minutes) and the bit rate was 30 Mbps Elements 7 and was written entirely BD disk

Best regards,

Daniel V.

• 5. Re: Manual bit rate for Blue Ray Disc by Elements 14
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Daniel V

Thanks for the reply. This is not Adobe. And, I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. I have no insider Adobe information or direction. I am writing as one Premiere Elements user to another.

You point to Premiere Elements 7 as days gone by where you could leave the "Fit Content To Available Space" with check mark and see a 35 Mbps bitrate in the burn to dialog Quality area. Those were the days when Adobe offered H.264 and MPEG2 presets for the burn to Blu-ray disc. If you used the H.264 preset instead of MPEG2 under the same conditions...H.264 max bitrate would be about 24 Mbps as compared to the MPEG2 max bitrate about 35 Mbps given in the burn dialog quality area. Different bitrates for different video compressions. The larger file sizes is seen  for the MPEG2, and I see no significant difference in Quality between preset H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby Digital and MPEG2 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby Digital with check mark next to "Fit Content To Available Space".

As I see it...two factors in regard to what you write about...

a. now Adobe offers only the H.264 preset for the burn to Blu-ray, no more MPEG2 presets (that disappeared after Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1).

But if H.264 and MPEG2 presets give the same quality in the end result, the exclusive choice of H.264 preset should be a non factor.

b. To get the higher (about 24 Mbps rather than 20.9 Mbps bitrate for the existing H.264 preset, bitrate that you feel you need), you need to enable the Fit Content To Available Space.That can be a problem since, if burn dialog's Space Required is under about 23 GB and you have enabled this choice, I have observed that the burn to process tends to error out.

The factors that you post about are not version 13 vs 14. This situation has existed since Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. And most seem to be getting high quality Blu-ray burn to results from then until now.

But the important matter is does your Premiere Elements burn to meet your criteria. If not, you can file an Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Form

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

In view of the direction that Adobe has taken in the sharing area of Premiere Elements 14, I would think that  the probability of changing the status quo does not appear high.

Do any of your Blu-ray burn to disc Space Required ever go over 23 GB?

ATR