• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mac hangs during installation of cs6. I have to power off the mac. Now I can't reinstall or uninstall cs6. It said installer failed to initialise.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac hangs during installation of cs6. I have to power off the mac. Now I can't reinstall or uninstall cs6. It said installer failed to initialise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

If you haven't installed any Adobe app yet , try below step and check.

Step 1

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library

It will open User Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and rename OOBE to OOBE-old and AAMUpdater to AAMUpdater-old.

Step 2

2) You will get a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Launch Activity Monitor and "Force Quit" all the process related to Adobe like Creative Cloud, CoreSync, AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon , PDAPP, install , setup... from Activity monitor.

Step 2)

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

Open Adobe folder and rename OOBE folder to OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications>Utilities.

Step 4 )

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed.

Try to install After Effects CS 6 again .

Note : it is better to copy the contents of disc to computer and then try to install if you are using Installation Disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have follow the above steps, but when I try to install the cs6 master collection, nothing response. What should I do next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Installation disc  or Downloaded Installer file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have visited these links but it seems that I cannot find the solution of my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installer Failed to Initialize-  This issue occurs due to different reasons like conflicting processes which is affecting the initialization of installation process, corrupt Application Manager or some times Corrupt Installation Media, User account permissions / Folder permissions issue .

Let us know whether you are using Installation disc or Downloaded file?

You can also try with Safeboot mode once .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the installation dis. How can I boot into the safeboot mode in mac? Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the installation disc contents to computer .

Try Safe Mode  :

OS X Yosemite: Start up in safe mode

Note :

The quality of display may vary in Safe Mode , coz few features or drivers will be disabled , but once you restart the computer it will be back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still face same issue , it is Ideal to try installing the CS 6 application using Downloaded Installer file :

Download Creative Suite 6 applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install in safe mode with the installation disc. But again nothing response. What is the difference between installation with the disc and installation with the download file? I have tried to install cs6 from the download file (not in safe mode) before but the same thing happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm in this case , better to try from Root account .

Root User account is Super user account with superior privileges.  You can try to install CS 6 apps,

You cannot create Root account , It is an built in user account , you can enable it and disable it as per your choice.

Step for enabling Root user account :

OS X Mavericks: Enable and disable the root user

(Applies for Yosemite as well)

xroot1.png.pagespeed.ic.mwwiLkUpTESzOoZWQO-i.png

enable-root-user-lion.jpg

How to log in as root

1. If you are logged in, choose Log Out from the Apple menu.
  2. If you are logging in from a list of usernames with pictures, click Other.
  3. In the Name field, type: root
  4. In the Password field, type the password you defined when setting up the root user account.

images (2).jpg

Once you logged in to Root Account try to install CS 6 app again .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried to install the cs6 with the root account. I have tried to install with the disc and download file. Both of them get no response. What other thing I can do? I do not want to reinstall the OS X because of the problem of cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't installed any Adobe app yet , try below step and check.

Step 1

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library

It will open User Library folder.

Open Adobe folder and rename OOBE to OOBE-old and AAMUpdater to AAMUpdater-old.

Step 2

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

It will open System Library folder.

Open Adobe folder and rename Caps folder to Caps-old and OOBE to OOBE-old, Adobe Application Manager to Adobe Application Manager-old.

Step 3)

Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications>Utilities.

Step 4 )  [ same step again]

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed.

Restart the computer once and try to install CS 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually part of the cs6 application have already be installed. Can I email the installer log to you so that you can check what's wrong with the installation procedure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brucgovn,

Thank you for your kind support and prompt reply. After follow the above steps, I can reinstall the cs6 application. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delayed response.

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved .

PS :  In Future , if you face any issue with any of the Adobe apps and needed to check with error log , you can simply post the contents of Log file here itself ,.We can analyze and help you with the solution.

I suspected , it might be Installation Media database file corruption  or possibility of corrupt Application Manager. Hence I provided steps for both.

Anyhow , what matters most now  is that you were able to install the applications

All the best and you are most welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still get same error , we will need to check with Installer log which will provide details.

Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CS5, CS5.5, CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disc Installation v/s Downloaded Installer file.

Installation using Download installer file/ ESD is more accurate when compared to Disc installation.

Sometimes possibilities are there that there might tiny error in the installation disc, they are even undetectable by the OS.

Reasons like damaged or scratch on the discs data layer, or error while transferring the contents from Disc to computer or during installation process, hence it is essential to try copying contents and try to install or use Electronic Software Downloads [ Downloaded File ]  , so that we can confirm whether there is any issue with installation media or not .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines