3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 9:11 AM by A.T. Romano

PE 13: Right clicking in narration and music tracks does not work. It does work in other tracks.

Mark-West Level 1

I was almost finished with this project, when I rendered it for play on the computer. The rendering was successful, but after that when I tried to right click the narration and music tracks to make adjustments, I was unable to. No context menu comes up. I am able to do so on the other tracks.

An suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: PE 13: Right clicking in narration and music tracks does not work. It does work in other tracks.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark-West

What is your computer operating system?

What workspace are you in....Premiere Elements 13 Expert or Quick workspace?

What specific command(s) do you need for the Narration Track and Soundtrack?

Save close the project....then

Assuming Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit, please try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file found

Local Disk C

Users

Owners

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path cited.

Reopen the project and determine if the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file had any impact on the issue.

Assuming that this is a problem specific to the one project, it might be possible to get at the adjustments using a different route - menus at top of Expert workspace?.

Please review, consider, and supply more details. Then we can decide what is next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE 13: Right clicking in narration and music tracks does not work. It does work in other tracks.
            Mark-West Level 1

The problem apparently is unique to this file, and it's weird that it was fine for a week of intensive editing and then went nuts. It may be related to a piece of video I added to assets, which showed up as something like 150 separate items. I deleted them all, but that had no effect.

After reading your suggestions, though, I tried using the quick workspace for a second. I was able to select to the piece of narration. Then I switched back to expert, and now all seems normal!

Very strange, but thanks. You saved me from a big pain in the neck. I really appreciate you're taking the time to respond.

• 3. Re: PE 13: Right clicking in narration and music tracks does not work. It does work in other tracks.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mark-West

Great news of your success. Great job in the follow through where you worked with and through the details to gain that success.

The follow up will help others who are facing the same situation that you faced and are looking for possible solutions.

Best wishes moving forward in your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR