5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 5:01 AM by Fudster

Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing with mobile sync turned on

Fudster

Hi all,

Using a Windows 10 PC with Lightroom 5.7.1, Ipad 3 with LR Mobile and when I turn on mobile sync Lightroom consistently crashes. If I turn off Mobile Sync, Lightroom is stable.

I've ran CheckDisk on my C:/ Drive and everything is as it should be. There are no missing photos and they do not appear to be corrupt. Out of 1483 photos in the collection I'm trying to sync with LR Mobile, only 160 have appeared ion the iPad. LR starts the sync process then crashes within 1-2 mins.

Help!!

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing with mobile sync turned on
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Fudster,

Greetings.

• At what point does it crash, for example, "I select File menu> Import and it opens the import dialog and it crashes when I press X. "?
            • By the way you can also upgrade to LR 6.
          • What is the location of your catalog.
          • When exactly did this start to happen ?
          • Do you have any external drives connected to your computer ?

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing with mobile sync turned on
            Fudster Level 1

Hi Rohit, thanks for getting back to me. Answers to your questions below.

• I've created a Collection of 1483 photos which I'd like to review on LR Mobile and shared it. I then signed into Adobe CC and turn sync on. It started the process and synced 153 photos then stopped. When I returned to my desktop machine with Lightroom 5.7.1 direct install it had crashed. If I restart LR it repeatedly crashes until I unselect "Sync with Lightroom mobile". Lightroom 5.7.1 is then stable.
            • I've only just upgraded to 5 this year so I don't want to have to pay for LR6 just yet.
            • Location of Catalog is on C:/ under my Picture Libraries. I've never had an issue with them before or ineed had LR crash with such frequency.
            • It started to happen when I created the collections, signed into Mobile and started the Sync.
            • No external drives connected.

Regards

Chris

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing with mobile sync turned on
              Fudster Level 1

I'd also like to add that I used LR mobile successfully on the same PC with Lightroom 3 without this crashing issue.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing with mobile sync turned on
                rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Fudster,

• Please do me a favor, create a new catalog and then import some images in that catalog.
                • Now create a new collection and then try using LR sync again.
                • And share the results with us, if it crashes please provide us the crash log.

Regards

Rohit

• 5. Re: Lightroom 5.7.1 crashing with mobile sync turned on
                  Fudster Level 1

Hi Rohit,

thanks for the steps. I decided to check out the event logs first and found that one photo was corrupted. Deleting it (it was going to be rejected anyway) and then restarting the sync solved the problem.

Thanks you for your help.

Regards

Chris