2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2006 3:58 PM by Newsgroup_User

simple checkbox stupidity

Level 7
      i have a checkbox on stage that i want to dynamically set to either selected
      or unselected... but i'm having problems with a simple test:

cb_checker.selected = true;

this does not set the checkbox to selected... do i need to create and place
      the checkbox onstage with script only to have this work?... iow, by manually
      placing it onstage, are the parameters only readable and not "settable"?

• 1. Re: simple checkbox stupidity
          Level 7

"Kree8R" <Kree8R@hotmail.com> wrote in message
          news:ek7sbh$c9q$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >i have a checkbox on stage that i want to dynamically set to either
          >selected or unselected... but i'm having problems with a simple test:
          >
          > cb_checker.selected = true;
          >
          > this does not set the checkbox to selected... do i need to create and
          > place the checkbox onstage with script only to have this work?... iow, by
          > manually placing it onstage, are the parameters only readable and not
          > "settable"?
          >

oops.. that was "properties" not "parameters"... and yes, i'm using the
          standard checkbox component included with Flash 8

• 2. Re: simple checkbox stupidity
            Level 7

"Kree8R" <Kree8R@hotmail.com> wrote in message
            news:ek7sq2$cnj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >
            > "Kree8R" <Kree8R@hotmail.com> wrote in message
            > news:ek7sbh$c9q$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >>i have a checkbox on stage that i want to dynamically set to either
            >>selected or unselected... but i'm having problems with a simple test:
            >>
            >> cb_checker.selected = true;
            >>
            >> this does not set the checkbox to selected... do i need to create and
            >> place the checkbox onstage with script only to have this work?... iow, by
            >> manually placing it onstage, are the parameters only readable and not
            >> "settable"?
            >>
            >
            > oops.. that was "properties" not "parameters"... and yes, i'm using the
            > standard checkbox component included with Flash 8

never mind... sorry about that... it works... something else (a shared
            object I'm using) is causing my problem... I'll sweat over that one now...
            thanks for your patience. ;-)