7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2015 2:52 AM by rpandita

I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.

nehada41062899

I have installed the trial adobe creative cloud and I have used it to install a trial Lightroom . After installing it I couldn't start the program without any error message .

• 1. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi nehada41062899,

Greetings.

• Please specify your issue.
            • Windows or Mac, which version ?
            • What kind of error messages ?
            • Does the error occur for LR or PS , and if possible share the error details.

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.
            nehada41062899 Level 1

Thank u for your reply

I am using Win 7 pro 64bit

no error message  simply i double click on the program icon to start but the program don't start without any error message

the same happened with LR and PS

• 3. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.

Hi nehada41062899,

What do you mean " the program don't start without any error message"

Can you please explain.

Regards

Rohit

• 4. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.
                nehada41062899 Level 1

Hi Rpandita,

I double click on the program shortcut or the program exe file and then the mouse icon changes to loading icon for some seconds and return to the normal mouse icon without starting the program or give me any error message .

Regars Nehad.

• 5. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.

Hi nehada41062899,

1. Update your Widows from control panel, once done restart your computer.
                  2. Now check if your PS and LR are up to date, please let us know the version that you are using.
                  3. Right click on LR and PS and click on run as administrator and then see if it opens or not.
                  4. If it does not please open eventviewer and share the error details(see screen shot).

Event Viewer.PNG

I am specifically looking for faulting module path.(Only if LR or PS does not open after performing the above steps)

Regards

Rohit

• 6. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.
                    nehada41062899 Level 1

I have the following two errors on the event viewer :

1)

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Adobe Photoshop Lightroom because of this error.

Program: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: 00000000

Disk type: 0

2)

Faulting application name: lightroom.exe, version: 6.2.1.10, time stamp: 0x561477b9

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2171.1979.0, time stamp: 0x54c09c61

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x0000000001c80123

Faulting process id: 0x1144

Faulting application start time: 0x01d102bf3bf86b15

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\libcef.dll

Report Id: 79aa35d1-6eb2-11e5-b660-f8a96329184d

• 7. Re: I can't launch my trial lightroom , without any error.

Hi nehada41062899,

Regards

Rohit