10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 9:30 AM by adobenewbie123

Raising the master volume

adobenewbie123 Level 1

Is the mixing window, you can increase and decrease each individual track but is there a way to change the volume of the entire project in premiere Elements 10??

• 1. Re: Raising the master volume
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

How about determining if the following works for you....

Start with audio file 1 of all the audio files in the project. Adjust the volume.

Right click this audio file 1, select Copy.

Then select all the other audio files (all at one time), and right click anywhere in the selection.

Select Paste Attributes.

ATR

• 2. Re: Raising the master volume
            Komal Desai Level 2

adobenewbie123,

With Premiere Elements 14 Adobe has introduced a new Audio View with more Audio centric functionalities and adjusting volume for whole project is one of them - Master Volume control.

Please check out the new features in Premiere Elements 14 :Video creation software | Adobe Premiere Elements 14 - Features

Also, find more details on Audio View feature :Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Audio View

Thanks,

Komal

• 3. Re: Raising the master volume
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Komal Desai

Thank you for the audio information that you have pointed to from your position at Adobe product development.

Since you are pointing to the audio aspect of your program, might I take this opportunity to ask for confirmation on the status of placement audio transitions?

I need to give more time to it, but, from preliminary evaluation, it appears that the audio transitions placement issues have been addressed and resolved by your 14 team ...referring to.

Transition Adjustment pop up has active choices for Left Clip, Between Clips, Right Clip. X button need not be used instead of Done.

Between Clips transition alignment  is now more attainable if not for untrimmed clips initially, then for trimmed clips.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Raising the master volume
                adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks everyone for your help. Bummer that version 10 does not have that direct functionalty.

• 5. Re: Raising the master volume
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

Thanks for the reply.

You have been a long time with Premiere Elements 10, and it seems to meeting your needs. One of our frequent discussions in the past has focused on export settings.

In view of our history of discussions, if there are any thoughts of going 10 to 14, consider the tryout route before purchase. The Share area of 10 is much like the Publish+Share area of 11, 12, and 13. But this 14 "Export & Share" is dramatically different than that in earlier versions.

Is my homemade rough counterpart of 14's Master Meter in post 1 doable for you?

ATR

• 6. Re: Raising the master volume
                    adobenewbie123 Level 1

I think I need to seriously consider 14 .  Does Adobe give you a discount when it is an upgrade from a previous version as opposed to purchasing from scratch? Does the newer version offer any green screen technology.  Interested in experimenting with that and curious if they provide any sort of templates

• 7. Re: Raising the master volume
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

If you purchase as the download from Adobe, there is what is called upgrade and full. That has nothing to do with the content. It is a pricing matter. If you can show proof of earlier purchase then you are eligible for "upgrade" pricing which is less than the "full" pricing". Sometimes you can buy the product elsewhere at a lesser price than the Adobe "upgrade" price. Compare.

Also, when it comes to return/refund or exchange...if you buy as the download from Adobe, you get return/refund if necessary from Adobe within 30 days of purchase. If you purchase elsewhere, you are governed by the return/refund policy of the authorized reseller.

Adobe sells only the current version, 14, as download which is specific to the operating system to which it is downloaded. If you buy the boxed package available at an authorized reseller, that has 2 installation discs, one for Mac and one for Windows.

If you purchase Premiere Elements 14 Windows, the keying effects include Chroma Key, Green Screen Key, Blue Screen Key, Difference Key which can be used in your "green screen" projects. There are the typical title templates, movie menus, graphics. I am still working my way through the 14 tryout. Please take a look at PART 3 Content and the other details that I have posted.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details

and

Re: Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details

What you know as Share in 10, is markedly different in 14 (now called Expert & Share). And 14 is markedly different in this regard also for 11, 12/12.1, and 13/13.1. Please consider going the free 30 days tryout route from Adobe before purchase. You do not have to remove your 10 to do this. Just use one program at a time on your computer.

ATR

• 8. Re: Raising the master volume
                        adobenewbie123 Level 1

Okay thanks again ATR!  So just to doublecheck, are you 100% that if I install a trial of elements 14 on a computer that already has 10,  that my projects will still work okay using 10?

• 9. Re: Raising the master volume
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobenewbie123

:Let me make sure we are together on the details...

1. If you have Premiere Elements 10 installed on your computer, you have it closed, and download and install the tryout of 14 on that same computer, you should be able to run and use new and old Premiere Elements 10 projects on Premiere Elements 10.

2. And, when you have Premiere Elements 10 installed and closed on that same computer, you should be able to run and use Premiere Elements 14 to create its projects (import/edit/export).

3. There is no guarantee that a Premiere Elements 10 project can be opened in Premiere Elements 14. For backward compatibility issues, please work with a copy of the Premiere Elements 10 project if you want to try to open it in Premiere Elements 14. You cannot open a Premiere Elements 14 project in Premiere Elements 10.

4. There is no 100% guarantee with any of this, just a high probability that it will be as described. I have actually

a. downloaded and installed Premiere Elements 14 tryout on to a computer that already has installed Premiere Elements 4 through 13, and all the earlier versions are working perfectly, unaffected by the 14 tryout joining the computer.

b. opened Premiere Elements projects from earlier versions in Premiere Elements later versions.

Please consider. If any questions or concerns, please let me know and I will clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Raising the master volume
                            adobenewbie123 Level 1

Thanks ATR!  Really good info here!!